The vTuner saga continues…

I moved it. The earlier thread took precedence.

1 Like

Internet radio isn’t down. vTuner is. Internet radio is working perfectly via eg Roon.

The catch-22 here is that even if there was a hypothetical alternative being lined up, Naim would have to continue with the current service provider until the alternative was ready (and all new software & firmware), and certainly they wouldn’t want anyone (least of all the current provider) to know about it, otherwise I’d imagine all service would cease pretty quickly.

For most Naim users Internet radio is what they refer to when they mean Vtuner.

Altogether now (chants) “What do we want? Firmware update. When do we want it? Now”! :joy:

ATB, J

1 Like

I would have thought Naim users would call it iRadio (the default input name on the Naim app), there is nowhere we can see the VTuner word, but whatever, its not the best in the recent times.

3 Likes

My brother wanted to get a wireless speaker for his kitchen / Diner as he and his wife mostly listen to the radio, he mentioned the QB2 to me as a possibility, I felt compelled to let him know about the fairly regular service outages so he was warned in advance. He bought a B&O, they used to use tunein but now operate their own service which seems sensible and less reliant on flakey third parties.

1 Like

Playing fine here in the states.

Back up here in the UK.

As far as I remember it’s “iRadio” on Gen 1 and “Internet Radio” on Gen 2 streamers. But it’s all vTuner in the background.

A lot of platforms - not just StreamUnlimited/Naim - are having constant issues with vTuner since last year; is the service bust? Giving up?? Why no word from them???

1 Like

Why is anyone with a gen2 or NC streamer relying on vTuner? It’s clearly a waste of time, unreliable, and why a “premium” vendor, which naim pertain to be, rely on this hobbyist operation is anyone’s guess.

For some time now we’ve been using app Online RadioBox (iOS) which, without fail, will cast any live radio station to our NDX2. Faultless, but limited by Airplay.

IMG_0406

The fact that naim streamers which were streaming from vTuner URLs hang when vtuner goes down… well that’s just very poor software, and as above a firmware fix is required.

Hopefully, Steve is enjoying the public holiday weekend. And well deserved!

Hi all,

There was a short outage on VTuner yesterday. Please see monitor plot below:

Radio is a very popular service and as it’s worldwide, the smallest of system side downtime causes disruption.

As @Richard.Dane hints, at Naim we do appreciate that VTuner are not the same as they used to be in their glory days and we are making plans accordingly.

With regards

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd.

19 Likes

Thanks for the update Steve!

ATB, J

1 Like

Thank goodness!!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.