Things I’ve done in the last 24 hours

Actually spoke too soon, gone back to bed…….not like her at all. But thanks anyway.

Gee Gazza that’s not good, hope she recovers soon.

It’s also why I can’t get any flu or covid jabs for at least 6 months.

1 Like

Well worth you missing a jab or two.

1 Like

Not unusual from talking to neighbours – in fact I’d say atypical from Day1 from what I’ve heard i.e. there’s been a lag of a couple of days post symptoms manifesting before the tests would ‘go positive’, and some were still getting positive indicators up to 10 after symptoms had passed.

2 Likes

As a birthday treat my son had booked us on a guided tour covering the story of Carrickfergus during the Second World War. We did know a bit about this topic, in particular the Tank manufacture (there’s a Churchill parked on the promenade) but the guide added so much more on the lives of the people, other industry (didn’t know that Carrick once had the largest parachute manufacturing factory in the world) and the various groups of USA and Belgian soldiers that were stationed there.
Followed up with a pub lunch, and then home for a nap. Probably how birthdays should be at my age.

Willy.

PS If you ever decide to do this tour, in mid-October, wear more layers than I did!

11 Likes

Happy Birthday Willy.

4 Likes

Yes, happy birthday👍

2 Likes

Happy birthday, loved the sound of the tour, pub lunch and nap

2 Likes

Happy birthday, have (or you’re already had) a great day. :+1:

1 Like

Sat on a “busy” beach for an hour or so.

“Sometimes I sits and thinks, sometimes I just sits”

11 Likes

You are shoeshine Susie , all day long she thinks and sits? It was with them “all day long she shines and sits”

When I was working in Butlins as a teenager in the 1970s at the Pig and Whistle they would get people up and repeat that quickly …

1 Like

Had my Flu and Covid jabs yesterday in the same arm. The injection site is a bit tender and my joints are beginning to ache

DG…

1 Like

Watching the NY Jets lose, in spectacular fashion, again. Misery and hopeless despair year after year, sell the team Woody.

Well they have a 40-year-old QB coming off significant injury who apparently also has some GM duties…

You must share my pain, being a Panthers fan :slight_smile:

I was at Stourhead again this afternoon. Apologies for the repetition on this location and on this thread but the Autumn colours just had to be shared here whilst they are around.

23 Likes

It’s worse than that - I’m a Browns fan! :rofl:

1 Like

Stunning!

1 Like

Did a speed awareness course today…….first offence in nearly 50 years. Suitably embarrassed, most 65 and over and male, a snapshot.
Course presenters were very jokey, not what i expected. I was not impressed……a discussion which went on for far too long on why some guy thought just “moving his mobile” to a new dash position…….i have a court case coming and could be on 12 points, help.
I suffered and survived……do not want the points or course, lesson learnt.

4 Likes

Some of these things seem quite odd.

I often feel that car infotainment systems and controls can be just as distracting as say moving a mobile or plugging it in to charge when stopped, engine off automatically at a light.

Mrs AC’s new VW drives me round the bend as the infotainment system constantly ask about firmware updates when you’re driving - what idiot designed that feature. Cancel update then replaced by ‘read update information’ or something as you drive, bonkers. It should just download in the background, not apply and when you get in before allowing you to start ask if you’re happy to update when next parked and locked.

3 Likes