Things I’ve done in the last 24 hours

Yes it’s 10 years for photo licences. If you can contrive to renew your drivers licence and your passport at the same time, especially if you are approaching 70, it makes the subsequent renewal process trivial.

1 Like

Got another two years on my passport.

A quick look on the DVLA website says that I can kick it off 90 days before my 70th b’day, so I’ll get a photo done sometime. Sue had one done a couple of years ago, and she says the photog can upload it directly and give me a reference number, which will do for DL & passport.

Ain’t technology wunnerful!

2 Likes

I’ve been selling some items on eBay.

Updating it today, I noticed that I’ve got 17 followers.

Is this the digital equivalent of stalking?

DG…

1 Like

Surely watchers, not followers.

2 Likes

Just like likes :grinning:

Afraid I nodded off during it over Christmas. Not sure if it was a mistake purchasing it on AppleTV.

Reminds me, Mrs AC’s passport has expired and she’s never had a photo driver’s licence.

My photo licence was stolen in 2022, and I never got around to replacing it as it’s locked down with some anti fraud thing at the DVLA.

1 Like

You can have followers too. I think it’s when someone marks you as a ‘saved seller’.

I used to have Moorgate Acoustics as a saved seller for example.

1 Like

:pray:

1 Like

May I ask what is it you’re facing, I have my own battle to fight in the coming months starting with a body scan this Wednesday.

2 Likes

Of course. I had surgery last October for prostate cancer. The subsequent histologic test revealed a pT3b N1 R1 stage, meaning prostate, seminal vesicles and a couple of local lymph nodes invaded, plus ‘positive surgical margins’ - not all the cancer was removed to spare important nerves.
Such grade of disease implies a very high risk of biochemical recurrence. They’re now scanning my body to check whether the cancer has moved to other body parts since surgery - typically bones - or if there are random, ‘leftover’ cells in the pelvic area.
What is your problem?
Best,
M

3 Likes

I’ve just been diagnosed with leukaemia, won’t find out for few weeks what my short/long term prognosis is.

1 Like

Oh heck, sorry to hear that Pete.

There are many different types and some are very slow to progress.

1 Like

Yep that’s what we’re betting on.

1 Like

I don’t what to say, my very very best wishes to you. If you feel like letting me/us know, thanks.
Max

1 Like

Jesus Christ Pete, really sorry to hear this news. All the very best and wishing all goes well for you.

2 Likes

Such sad news for people. Hope all goes well with treatment and recovery.

2 Likes

Set off for Madeira yesterday morning 04:00 am start. Unable to land on Madeira after 3 failed attempts and due to low fuel we had to divert to Porto Santo for the night. We are now back at the airport in the hope that we can take off and land safely at Madeira but it’s not guaranteed due to the weather conditions.
Not a great start to a holiday but I guess it’s a small problem in comparison with other folks on this forum, wishing everyone better health news x

2 Likes

As @davidhendon informed, it’s a simple process at the PO. Press a few buttons, ask the usual questions about any changes (none), take your pic on a 'pad against a light background, load-up and pretty much all done. Sad to see the old licence go, as that was cut up.

It appears the load-up for pics can be slow/require a re-shoot, as the system had to ‘approve’, and the wi-fi appeared very slow this morning at 9-01 am! The PO only adds ~£4 for doing this, which appears a tad light for the time it needed today.

Mind you, if Shaw Taylor was still on the 'box on Sunday mornings, I’d be in one of his mug-shot line-ups, even up for the Great Train Robbery. To say ‘not flattering’ is an understatement :scream:

2 Likes