Tidal and Naim app

I can log in to Qobuz via the Naim app, but can’t log in to Tidal. My username and password are accepted by Tidal, but I am immediately directed to the Postman web page (whatever that is!). No web page opens and I can’t locate it. Pop ups are allowed on my browser, so that’s not the reason.
I phoned Naim customer support and an agent explained an alternative method of logging in to Tidal via the Naim app - but that still led me to the dead end of the Postman route.
Any ideas?

What does “directed” mean? Is there a link? Can you post it, or a screenshot of this message?
There is a “Postman” tool for software developers, maybe there is some kind of bug and it directs to that

Logging into Tidal via 3rd parties now triggers a redirect to a Tidal account web pop up that you need to log in and authenticate direct to Tidal. If this doesn’t open then you can’t link your account and no Tidal. Sounds like something is blocking this or Naims out of date.

1 Like

Check the ND5XS2 is up to date. Or try via Tidal Connect - does that work?

Thank you for replies to my query about Tidal log in via the Naim app. Specifically, when I’ve correctly filled in username and password for Tidal, a window opens with the message
YOUR CALL IS AUTHENTICATED. A NEW WINDOW SHOULD OPEN DIRECTING YOU BACK TO THE POSTMAN APP. IF NOTHING HAPPENS, CHECK TO MAKE SURE THAT YOUR BROWSER ALLOWS POP-UPS.
The problem is that I can find no such window.

By the way, I have no problem logging in via the Tidal app itself. The dead end is when I log in to my Tidal account via the Naim app.

… also, I have the most up-to-date version of the Naim app, and I downloaded the latest firmware yesterday.

Have you tried logging into Tidal directly from the browser on your portable device? Wondering if that will cause Tidal to remember your log-in info on that device.

If you are able to log into Tidal via their own app you should be able to use ‘Tidal Connect’ to send the stream yo your Naim streamer. That obviously doesn’t solve your immediate problem but at least you can then use Tidal on your Naim system, and some people prefer to do this rather that using the Naim app.

Thank you, Chris. I’m on the point of taking out a 1 2 month contract with Qobuz, so Tidal can be put to one side for the time being.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.