Tidal HiFi Plus - no Flac when streaming to Nova

Hi,

I have the Tidal HiFi Plus - when playing on my mobile, the Tidal App shows “Flac”.
When I start streaming to my Naim Nova, it changes to “High” and the Naim app shows FLAC 44.1kHz 16-bit.

The WiFi streaming quality in Tidal app is set to “Max”.

I’ve reinstalled both apps, logged in and out of Tidal in the Naim app.
Nova’s software is up to date.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

naim need to release new firmware to support max (above 16/44.1).

As do many other vendors.

Tidal support won’t say much other than Tidal Connect will be available to use with max “later this year”.

It might be early 2024 until max is fully supported via naim app and Connect, but we will have to wait and see.

Long thread here

THANKS, I was going mad with this.
So I’m paying for the HiFi Plus option but cannot really listen to the Max versions… what a bummer!!! :frowning:

1 Like

Workaround needed for the moment, yes.

We should be clear the mess is no fault of naim, Tidal released the tier with only support on Tidal clients really.

The SQ via workaround makes it more frustrating, bet it’s going to sound great when part of native device support.

There’s still a lot of MQA being used, which of course naim devices don’t support anyway.

I still cannot get over it. These guys are a joke, really…

HiRes FLAC is currently not supported through TIDAL Connect. Support will be added later in 2023.

Yes, nothing has changed since Max was announced.

We had to spend 50 quid sorting it out!!!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.