Tidal HiFi vs Tidal HiFi Plus

$12.99cdn vs Tidal’s $19.99cdn
I switched to Qobuz from Tidal when Qobuz became available in Canada.

I have Apple Music as well for mobile, general household and my family.

I won’t be going back to Tidal.

From my side after experimentation it is Tidal plus which would be the best choice.
I tried Qobuz a few months ago. Qobuz’s Hires sound was interesting but I preferred Tidal’s sound after A-B testing. Qobuz was less dense at my level.
Now Tidal is streaming Hires that’s more detailed and open. The quality is really there!
good reflection!

Tidal max I suppose is the new name instead of hifi, however the only way as I understand it to maybe get 24 bit files into a naim streamer would be chromecast currently at least.

On the tidal.com they refer to max and hifi so this is most likely what they will call it. The important thing is you cannot d currently get 24 bit flac files into a naim streamer by conventional means that is through the Naim app or through the Tidal app since connect and chromecast does not support 24 bit flac.

As does Innuos Sense.

I suddenly remembered a post by Steve Harris regarding streaming hi res Qobuz via the Chromecast implementation. I would assume that the same limitations would be there if the source came from Tidal:

Best results will have to wait for native or Tidal Connect integration.

I’m listening to Qobuz Chromecast through a primare streamer/ndac, it sounds superb.

Maybe the primare has a large buffer or is optimised to handle Chromecast.
Or maybe it’s because I usually stream cd quality or 24/96 max.

Yeah from how I read that message it should be a less of an issue with lower resolution streams.

Disclaimer: I myself do not use my Chromecast to stream so cannot say much out of own experience. But remembered that post.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.