Tidal launches HiFi Plus

Guys I have a problem.
I start now a new Tidal account with Apple ID but from NAIM APP I can not have access with my Apple ID and password.
Whats wrong? :thinking:

You canā€™t they donā€™t have hires files only MQA. He has misunderstood their marketing.

Hifi give you up to 44.1/24 if you have an mqq capable system. If not you get 44.1/16

Hifi plus gives you up to and beyond 192/24 via mqa encoded files same caveat as above applies.

Have you signed up through the app to get the free trial?

It wonā€™t work if you create the account first.

I made the same mistake. Just email Tidal and ask them to reset your account

:man_facepalming:t2:

Hey Jan. Just did a comparison myself. I still think it sounds better going through the Naim app. To my ears, brighter and more presence. I was comparing All Things Must Pass going to the NDX2 from Tidal within the Naim app vs from the Tidal app on my iPad, selecting the NDX2 as the output from within the Tidal app (ie I wasnā€™t using Airplay).

1 Like

Thanks @Matthewjb
May be I can create a new account with different email.
Do you know if I start free 90 days trial with Naim voucher (Tidal Hi-Fi), at the end of trial I can downgrade from Hi-Fi Plus to Hi-Fi?

Fortunately not and Iā€™ve deleted it from my library.

3 Likes

Just email them. They were very happy to reset.

You can downgrade at any time. Iā€™m in the same situation

Indeed it was this. Combined with the fact that they announced a new hi-res tier for subscription that seems to be limited to MQA, unless itā€™s slowly been rolled out. All more confusing than it needs to be.

1 Like

Itā€™s ok, Mike.

We donā€™t mind.

I once listened to this!

1 Like

Thereā€™s even a contemporary pop song that I openly admit I like:

Thanks! I prefer Naim app anyhow as i switch often between radio and Tidal

Perhaps it is my limited knowledge of both English and bits and bytes but I still am not fully convinced :wink:

Iā€™m quite embarrassed really :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

To be pedantic, the use of a comma in a list of information signifies ā€œorā€, so a sequence of alternative formats, hence the confusion. That seems to be an error on how Roon is presenting the information.

1 Like

If you are a new subscriber, the free TIDAL trial is for the tier of your choice

Poor grammar rather than an error. Canā€™t say I ever gave it any thought. Raise it on the forum if you think itā€™s wrong, nobody seems to have raised it or cared about the punctuation until now.

That may be true for Apple Music currently, but Airplay has always supported lossless CD quality - would be interesting to know exactly what the Tidal app sends by Airplay.

Iā€™ve downgraded too, effective from 1st December.
If Tidal actually provide hi-res in the future (not MQA) Iā€™ll happily upgrade again.

But the transport for Airplay is hampered by the way it clocks as it uses two clocks which leads to slight resampling to bring them in line and itā€™s not being pulled direct itā€™s from the device your using to airplay. All adds up. Itā€™s lossless stream but the way the stream is handled affects the sq much like any streamer does or they would all sound the same.