Tidal Max not working

I have no issues playing Tidal Max

After communicating with Naim by email, I was told that Naim couldn’t do it because Tidal hasn’t released the integration yet. When this is done, Naim can get started and integrate Tidal Max. Now that a change of Tidal subscriptions is taking place in April, the Naim employee told me that Tidal Max should be implemented by the middle of the year. Hope dies last🤪

2 Likes

But Tidal have released Max for Connect integration.

We know Max Connect was implemented on these platforms (amongst others):
Volumio - November
BluOS - December
WiiM - December
Lumin - December

And realistically in order for these to have it released Nov/Dec it was likely available Sep/Oct '23.

It did take StreamUnlimited till mid March, but at that point it should have been a completely known solution for Naim. Their excuses don’t stand up to scrutiny.

4 Likes

Lyngdorf had there update done round last december (if recalled right). Sim audio is also still lacking the update in their software. Every time i use Tidal, which is almost daily, it reminds me that the software still has not been updated…

There are cost benefits outsourcing parts. But it is also lack of control and priorities to be made. That’s the problem here. Naim don’t own Streaming unlimited and they have their plans which doesn’t match Naim or Tidal plans. Compare to say Lumin who have full control of their streaming platform. They had their software update for Tidal Max in October 2023.

3 Likes

I really don’t know the ins and outs but it’s a bit of a strategic hole here for Naim. If this is the situation because theres no official announcement (that’s another story :grin:).

Streaming has only been getting more and more popular /important but the development is outsourced(?). Which as BB rightly says puts them at a disadvantage.

1 Like

I feel in this respect at least linn got it right with their software limitation, it may be as clunky if not more than naims, but it least its in their hands.

1 Like

April 10, all Tidal users can access max quality since today.
And Naim support still lacking…

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I read in this post that in June Naim will update the libraries via firmware to enjoy Tidal Hires at maximum resolution…

I have a Naim Uniti Nova with Naim App and my Tidal Max maxes out at 44.1 16bit.

Is anyone more up to date on this talk?

@Dansan71 I’m afraid we’re all still waiting to hear any news from Naim…

1 Like

It’s a bit like waiting for Godot. Without the laughs.

Well, here’s Godot with the laughs:

1 Like

Naim told me in November that they had the software from Tidal, and were writing & testing the code

If it is so trivial to release an update that support higher streaming quality on products made for high end streaming there is a major fault in someone’s platform plans making it possible to scale and scale fast. My vote goes to streaming unlimited.

The other thing is that Naim is probably trying to release at the same time an update for all their supported products, not just the latest ones. That’s at least five groups of products.

Lindemann which also use Streaming Unlimited as their streaming platform manufacturer replied this today. So they are also still working on it. There is a layer of code that needs to be adapted to the SDK Streaming unlimited release which I guess Naim as well as Lindemann is working on now.

The release at SUE has nothing to do with our special branch stack. There is still some work needed to adapt it to the SDK. So you will have to be patient!
Kind Regards
Your Lindemann Team

Has there not been any statements about this from Naim? Would be a bit of\dd given they are marketing hi-res streaming products with Tidal as a feature.

I want a streamer that uses the highest res options from Tidal now. What is it?

It’s works flawlessly, I highly also recommend it , it’s only 6 euros to buy the version without the adverts, plays all the high resolution flac files and the MQA files :+1:

1 Like

Well technically Naim streamers can stream Tidal hires using roon. And if rumors are correct, Naim will have Tidal Max added by June. So seems silly to not buy Naim for what won’t make any difference even in the short run. We know Naim’s current platform is capable of Tidal Max, so don’t think we need to worry other than Naim not speaking up. Seems strange because probably losing some customers over this.

2 Likes