Tidal Max not working

Lumin just announced they are live (and first) with support for Tidal Max.

2 Likes

Yeah hoping to see an update from Naim soon and roon. I know Lumin reached out to Tidal immediately for this update but still think other should be soon to follow.

1 Like

Well done Lumin!

Silence from naim as to when this will be delivered :sob:

1 Like

I just read about this on another forum. I switched to Qobuz earlier in the year when it became available in Canada. Maybe I will sign back up to Tidal and do a shootout, since I did prefer Tidal’s user experience. My Lumin P1 also plays MQA.

1 Like

I’m also impressed with what Lumin do, they certainly are at the fore-front of digital streaming in my opinion. After extensive demoing last year I bought a Lumin P1 and then the matching Lumin Amp earlier this year for my Main System. Still have Naim in my Second System (Supernait 3 + HiCap DR).
I got fed up all last year waiting for Naim to release new equipment to replace the old Classic Series equipment. Which I also demoed, in case anybody is curious, but found the Lumin to be much better for sound quality for my musical listening preferences, plus a box count of 2 rather than 6 (NDX2/XPS DR/252/SCDR/300DR).

Most manufacturers probably have started preparations for this already, but Tidal has issued a directive containing a waiting period of 3 months before others are allowed to releases updates to their apps/hardware to support the new MAX format …

I think that period has ended now because I currently see the functionality being added to more (beta) software applications . I am currently testing two of these apps that are just about to released. The announcement by Lumin suggests indeed that this period now has formally ended.

1 Like

Now getting the full Hi-Res FLAC up to 24/192 on Tidal through the Lumin P1 and Lumin App.
Initial listening experience is not really any noticeable difference between Hi-Res FLAC and MQA versions of the same songs as far as I can tell so far, early days though.
However, good news for all those people who could not get MQA before but can now get Hi-Res FLAC from Tidal.

Downloaded update of TIDAL app adding hires flac by TIDAL Connect, resulting iPad to ndac (Brahms piano concerto:Simon Trpčeski) is not as good than nd5xs2-ndac with Naim app (flac 16/44,1). Still waiting for update from Naim for the app.:crossed_fingers:

+👍

You know Tidal Connect is still not in Max setting until the update is done on the streamer side. Doesn’t matter if use Tidal app or not since the files are played on the streamer, not the from the app itself. Believe only Lumin has the update so far. So you’re still playing MQA files most likely. Now if you use roon and they update their app first, that will be true Max setting since those files stream from the core and not from the streamer.

This make sence, that’s why the ndac HD light doesn’t turn on even if the Ipad showing max 24/96 flac.

You’ll need a physical device to get that second light to go on for now.

We use an SMSL PO100 Pro for the purpose and Tidal Max sounds excellent.

Probably not worth spending money on a workaround at this point because I’d imagine an update is coming out within a month. Lumin already released their update. Also read that many others have released beta version updates now that Tidal has allowed companies to update after a 3 month wait. But that is no guarantee that Naim is one of them.

We’ve been using it for last 3 months. And it cost 40 quid.

Has been more than worth it!

Elvis Costello/Burt Bacharach on now :heart:

1 Like

Chromecast should work after the latest tidal update on iOS so most likely also on android. anyone tried it yet?

1 Like

That makes sense. I’ve just sticking with Qobuz until updates are made. I have no idea why Tidal forced a 3 mo wait for vendors. Also, I don’t like the idea of having to hardwire another source on a wireless setup.

I stream Tidal max true Naim Uniti Atom in upnp setting with Audirvana.

1 Like

Have you compared it with Qobuz through Audirvana/upnp?

Here i am posting a picture of the Macscreen where you can see the settings

No, because i have only a Tidal discription.