Tidal Max not working

Ciao, no gift from Santa in 2023 :cry:, does anyone has news from either Tidal or Naim?

It’s not a tidal thing. Lumin have supported it since October and others do too. It’s either naim or stream unlimited which manufacture the streaming board that take time.

Is there any further news of when this update to the Naim streamers might be happening? It’s been a good while now.

No.

I use Tidal as it has a far better catalogue of my chosen genre than any other streaming service. Is that understandable?

Both WiiM and blue sound now support tidal max through tidal connect

As does Audirvāna (not yet roon)

I wasn’t aware it worked on Roon yet, does it now? If so I might reinstate my subscription.

Not yet…

Contacted Naim support and got his back:

Tidal max is coming, but I’m sorry to say, that I do not have a date for release at this time.

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

I thought Tidal Connect would be out by end of 2023 when Tidal said support would be ready by then. Someone else interpreted that as saying they’d offer support to third parties by that time. So we just know Naim and Roon do have their support and are current working on the updates with no timelines stated yet.

1 Like

Those can’t wait for the update you can stream Hi Res Tidal content with BubbleuPNP app. Running now

This looks like a great idea. So you just run it on your android device?

1 Like

I run bubbleupnp server on my NAS and there’s an option in there to set Tidal max quality to 24/192 in an OpenHome renderer. Once that is done then in theory any OpenHome control point will stream in hi-res to the streaming device. Bubble UPnP player also has an option to proxy the hi res Tidal streams but that would be Android only

1 Like

Yes…very simple…but do go through all the settings. Somehow much better than Naim app…but most apps is better than Naim app…><

1 Like

Lindemann just released that they now also support Tidal Max.

Well., not yet on the App Store so far, still coming soon…

Yes the next coming days it says.I guess there might be an approval process to go through in the App Store.

Naim App?

Ah no sorry. This is Lindemann Bridge II and their own app. I haven’t seen any information from Naim saying which year they will release it :wink:

1 Like