TINA TURNER,..A Music Legend. Welcome to Broadway

56656217_2175766382462360_5996044837961334784_n

:small_blue_diamond:10 Years ago,…March 22,…Tina Turner 70 years old.
Performed in Arnhem,the Netherlands,…in front of 39.000 fans…Sold Out.!
:black_small_square:Tina in “basket” over the audience.

:small_orange_diamond:If you look closely at the picture,you will see that the whole Arena “boils”.
There are few artists who have that ability,…To get an entire Arena to “cook”.
But This was Tina’s Hallmark,…Interaction with the audience.
A Night To Remember.

/Peder🙂

The cast of “Tina:The Musical” has arrived at The Olivier Awards,…at The Royal Albert Hall.

:rose::rose: And the Winner is,…Kobna Holdbroock-Smith from Tina:The Musical…:+1:t2:

/Peder🙂

:small_blue_diamond:I don’t know if it’s me,…who started to get old :wink:,…but that’s another sense of “Star Power” when you see the artists you grew up with…than today’s stars.
There is something genuine about them.

Perhaps because they started from scratch,… and played in small places,wore their own instruments etc

And those in the picture probably need no presentation,or how.

/Peder🙂

:small_blue_diamond:A Little Bit About Janis Joplin.

1969 “Ike and Tina” was the opening act for The Rolling Stones.
Tina saw Janis Joplin in the audience and invited her on stage.
It was the only time that Tina and Janis sang together on stage…See picture.
Tina was Janis favorite singer,.she said that in a big interview on American television.

:small_orange_diamond:Below a famous song with Janis Joplin…“Me & Bobby McGee”.
Unfortunately,.I have not found any Youtube-clip with “good” soundquality.

:heart: Janis Joplin
January 19,1943 – October 4,1970 (27 years old)
Cause of Death: Drug Overdose

Even at an early age, Janis Joplin, said ”she never really fit in”,so it isn’t much of a surprise that she didn’t fall into a particular genre on the music spectrum either…she sort of spearheaded her own.
Her animated antics and unmatched musical styling earned her the title…
:black_small_square: ”The Queen of Psychedelic Soul”.

She beautifully blended her love for Blues Artists and Beat Poets.
Beat Poets were expressive writers,who went against the grain and didn’t agree with ideals such as militarism and materialism.
She took her talent from native Texas, to San Francisco.

Joplin would collaborate with future Jefferson Airplane guitarist, Jorma Kaukonen, on a number of Blues songs.
While in San Francisco, Joplin, who was no stranger to drugs started to develop a deeper addiction.
Her uppers of choice were speed and other ”psychoactive drugs”,but it didn’t stop there.
She often turned to alcohol, heroin, and would inject meth.
Friends fearing for her life sent her back to Texas. Moving back home, did the singer/songwriter a world of good.
She cleaned up her act and avoided drugs and alcohol.

She was even set to be married, but the engagement didn’t last long.
In 1966, Joplin was approached by a member of the Blues band, Big Brother and the Holding Company, and asked to join the group.
Her recruitment meant that she would return to San Francisco.
Her bandmates did their best to keep her away from what once tempted her, but she soon fell back into bad habits – drug habits.

Big Brother and the Holding Company dropped their first studio album, in 1967.
The band already had a busy tour schedule prior to the release, but now the group was gaining more national success.
Joplin and the boys would play at the “Wake for Martin Luther King Jr.” concert along with Joni Mitchell, Jimi Hendrix and other famous folk musicians.
They would soon start making TV appearances, things appeared to be grand, but behind the scenes there was a sense of strain.
Some thought Joplin was too talented for the band, while others thought her head was getting too big.

1968’s “Cheap Thrills” was the band’s meal ticket. It would reach number one on the Billboard 200 Album chart and spawned the hits “Piece of My Heart” and “Summertime.”
That same year, Joplin would split from the band and form the Kozmic Blues Band.
They would tour Europe and make several television appearances, but they reviews on the recently created group were mixed.
She would headline Woodstock and perform at Madison Square Garden, but those in attendance said she appeared inebriated and wasn’t at her best.
She would once again form another act, The Full Tilt Boogie Band.
They would tour together and put together an album “Pearl,” which wouldn’t be released until after her death.

/Peder🙂

1 Like
            ❤ TINA On Broadway ❤ 

TINA-THE Tina Turner MUSICAL….
…will open on Broadway,…

at the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre
(205 West 46th Street, NYC)
on Thursday,November 7,2019.

:small_orange_diamond:Preview performances begin on Saturday, October 12,2019.
For more information,…visit www.TinaOnBroadway.com.

Tickets will go on sale to the general public beginning Friday,June 7,2019 at 10am EST through Ticketmaster.com.

The show is currently on-sale to groups of 10 or more through Group Sales Box Office at Broadway.com.

:small_blue_diamond:As previously announced,…Tony & Olivier Award nominee Adrienne Warren,who currently portrays “Tina Turner” in London’s West End through April 13,2019…
Will reprise her critically-acclaimed performance when the show premieres on Broadway.

Further casting will be announced soon.

A new musical based on the life of legendary artist Tina Turner,.TINA-THE Tina Turner MUSICAL received its world premiere in April 2018 at the Aldwych Theatre in London.
Where it opened to five star reviews and continues playing to Sold Out Houses.

The West End production in London,is now booking through December 21,2019.
A German production opened last month at Stage Operettenhaus in Hamburg.

Directed by Phyllida Lloyd and written by Katori Hall with Frank Ketelaar and Kees Prins.
Choreoghrafy is by Anthony Van Laast,with set and costume designs by Mark Thompson, musical supervision, additional music and arrangements by Nicholas Skilbeck.
Lighting by Bruno Poet, sound by Nevin Steinberg, projection design by Jeff Sugg and orchestrations by Ethan Popp.

:small_blue_diamond:TINA-THE Tina Turner MUSICAL,…will be produced on Broadway by Stage Entertainment,James L. Nederlander and Tali Pelman in association with Tina Turner.
The original West End production is produced by Stage Entertainment, Joop Van Den Ende and Tali Pelman.

This new musical,…presented in association with Tina Turner herself, reveals the story of a woman who dared to defy the bounds of her age, gender and race.

The cast album for TINA-THE Tina Turner MUSICAL,…produced by Stage Entertainment and Ghostlight Records, is now available on digital and streaming platforms.
A physical CD is planned for release later this season.

:small_blue_diamond: Rock’n’Roll Goddess :small_blue_diamond:

/Peder🙂

57096966_10103852279932092_4057385798427738112_n

It’s Only Rock’n’Roll…But I Like It

Sang Mick and Tina,on the LIVE AID-85…and ended up on the first pages of the largest magazine’s.

And in the largest TV-Shows.

Two artists with an incredible scene-charisma.

s-l300%20(2)

/Peder🙂

:small_blue_diamond:Good thoughts to behave well against their fellow man.

/Peder🙂

hey Peder, i am curious what happened in my thread before it was closed. Some other members were complaining, about me, you, ?
I will delete this question after your response, you can do the same after.

:small_blue_diamond:Frenchrooster,…Excuse me,have missed your post above,
I’ll come back to you.

:small_blue_diamond:The Great Bette Midler,.is a great Tina Tuner Fan.
Here above,are some posts from her on social media.
And,.She’s right…Stevie Nicks is the only woman who is inducted into the…
:black_small_square:"Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame" twice.

Once with Fleetwood Mac,.and recently also as a solo artist.
Tina Turner is so far “only”, elected with Ike Turner.
But as I said,.among other things,.Bette Midler protests against this as seen in the picture above.

:small_orange_diamond:A woman with character, personality, charisma and a strong voice.

:small_blue_diamond:This result above is just Tina’s Live Performance at Sold Out major World Arenas and Stadiums.

The years between 1976 and 1984,after the divorce from Ike Turner.
When Tina toured constant as a solo artist is not included in this statistic.
Nor any less Live Performance after 1984.

:black_small_square:This is just from Tina’s all Sold Out World Tours.
An impressive statistic.

Ps: As well,.the years with Ike Turner…between 1959 to 1976,is also not in the statistics above.

/Peder🙂

The Great Come-Back

:small_blue_diamond:I forgot to mention it in the post above, but that was why I added the second image in that post.

Yesterday,.1/5 1984,was released…

:rose: “What’s Love Got To Do With It” (the record Private Dancer).
And Tina’s unlikely World Come-Back began.

This happens when Tina is 45 years old.
A come-back that is unprecedented in music history.
And still she is just as hot,at 79 years of age.

:small_orange_diamond:There will never be another.

/Peder🙂

png

Talking Pictures TV Sky 328 Freeview 81 Freesat 306 Virgin 445

PREMIERE: Fri-3-May at 10pm on #TalkingPicturesTV

Directed by Peter Clifton

ROCK CITY (1973)
aka Sound of the City: London 1964-73

Performing artists include

#TheRollingStones
#EricBurdon
#TheAnimals
#TheCrazyWorldofArthurBrown

#OtisRedding
#Cream
#BlindFaith
#CatStevens
#JimiHendrixExperience
#Donovan
#JoeCocker
#IkeTurner
:small_orange_diamond:#TinaTurner
#PinkFloyd
#RodStewart
#TheFaces and many more.

This fascinating time capsule documentary features vintage film footage from the hey-day of the London rock’n’roll scene.
Including several performances by The Rolling Stones,…as well as Otis Redding. Try A Little Tenderness, Cream, Sunshine of Your Love at the Albert Hall…and Jimi Hendrix in a rare Saville Theatre clip of Hey Joe.
Cat Stevens, Pink Floyd and Ike & Tina Turner also make notable appearances.

While The Faces finish a fabulous trip down this musical memory lane.
Also featured are glimpses into the ‘scene’ in London at the time, hippie culture, long hair and loud guitars!

This cult film by Peter Clifton,offers a rare glimpse into the world of rock music in the early seventies.
Made in 1973 and assembled using vintage film footage from the hey-day of the London’s rock and roll scene.

Interviews with rock artists and London’s hippies and flower children.
Concert footage, music promotional films and other film footage featuring just about everybody who was anybody in those days.
A cavalcade of complete song performances, music montage sequences and weird and wild happenings!

:small_orange_diamond:This above is something you have to look at,…Don’t miss this out.

/Peder🙂

A Reminder…

58842413_1573686822765301_8416070188394348544_n

Don’t Miss This Tonight…
See the post above.

/Peder🙂

:small_blue_diamond:PREMIERE: Fri 3 May at 10pm on #TalkingPicturesTV

Hope you did not miss this above,that I wrote about in my two last posts,…It was good.

/Peder🙂

Tina (70 year),.Performed Live for the very last time 10 years ago…yesterday 5/5.
The End Of An Era…

:small_orange_diamond:Tina 1987.

59503308_3283663824992513_2655683767808557056_n
:small_blue_diamond:Tina and Janis Joplin on stage together 1969,.when Tina and Ike Turner was the Opening Act for The Rolling Stones.

:small_orange_diamond:Tina and Robert Cray 1987.

537883_526074624098219_775857389_n
:small_blue_diamond:Tina and Ike Turner 1961.

:small_orange_diamond:Tina and Mick Jagger,.best friends.

:small_blue_diamond:Tina and Pavarotti 2000.

:small_orange_diamond:Tina and Ron Wood with wife.

12705478_1007957182576625_1969232163729857714_n
:small_blue_diamond:Tina and Lionel Ritchie.

:small_orange_diamond:Tina and Timmy Cappelo…her saxophone player 2000.

:small_orange_diamond:Tina,…“I Don’t Wanna Fight No More”

:small_blue_diamond:Tina Turner,…50 years On Stage.
From 1959 to 2009.

Some pictures above from her incredible career.
Tina has even performed with Pavarotti. It’s so far from Rock’n’Roll one can come.

/Peder🙂

DERIC DYER,.A Musician’s Hard Reality.
To always deliver on top.
:small_blue_diamond:A Fascinating Reading.

Picture from Tina’s record-breaking…
“Break Every Rule World Tour 1987-88”

:small_blue_diamond:Deric Dyer clearly remembers the day when he thought his professional musical career was over, before it truly started.
It was 32 years ago,and he was 30 at the time.

“I was, literally, sitting there, saying, ”Now, what the (expletive) am I going to do,” Dyer recalled. “Those were a few very, very difficult months.”

In the ’70s, Dyer,…who will be performing 8 p.m. May 4 at 9 Wallis, 9 Wallis St, Beverly.
Lived in Worcester for roughly five years,but still regularly plays Worcester with Mad Dogs Unchained (featuring Worcester musical institutions Cliff Goodwin and Mitch Chakour, who, with Dyer, are all former Joe Cocker Band members)…and often sits in with the Silverbacks.

“I play in Worcester all the time,” Dyer said.
“I’ve been drawn back to Worcester my whole career.
I probably played more times in Worcester than I’ve played anywhere.”

Born in Ireland,…Dyer grew up in Bermuda.
By age 16,.Dyer was already an accomplished sax player, playing seven nights a week in night clubs on the island.
In the early ’70s, the American Standard Band (featuring Goodwin and singer Kevin Falvey) came to Bermuda to play,and asked Dyer to join the band and come back to America.
Dyer, only 19 at the time, took their invitation.
A few years later, the American Standard Band became Joe Cocker’s backup band.

Dyer left the sandy beaches of sunny Bermuda behind,.for the dirt-floor basement of Goodwin’s childhood home on 55 Institute Road in Worcester.

In the ’80s, Dyer became a key player in the fledging Boston music scene.
For a year-and-a-half, Dyer was in Farrenheit, fronted by singer-guitarist Charlie Farren.
All of a sudden, the legendary Boston band (then a four-piece) got signed to Warner Brothers records. Once Farrenheit got signed, they flew to Los Angeles to record.

And the record was almost done and Charlie (Farren) came up to me and said, ”We want to go back to being a three-piece. You need to go home.”
That was pretty much how he said it,.Dyer recalled.

:black_small_square:“The funny thing about that, I think I came out OK.”
Better than OK.

When Billy Vera and the Beaters achieved “overnight success” for “At This Moment,”…Dyer made a phone call to the Beaters’ sax-player Jerry Peterson to congratulate him.
Unknowingly opening the door to the next, exciting chapter of his musical career.

“I only met Jerry because (record producer) Keith Olsen wanted me to play baritone sax on one of the Farrenheit tunes and I didn’t have a baritone out there,” Dyer said.
“And Keith said, ‘I know where I can get one.’ And he called Jerry up.”

Tina-Promo-Break-Every-Rule-Pepsi-Video
PEPSI was sponsor of Tina’s…
“Break Every Rule World Tour”

After Dyer congratulated him, Peterson told Dyer he got a call to audition for….
:small_orange_diamond:Tina Turner’s “Break Every Rule World Tour”.

But there was no way he could leave his new wife who was expecting.
Hearing this, Dyer sheepishly asked Peterson if would mind if he did the audition.

Not only did Peterson not mind, he offered to forward Dyer’s bio to Tina Turner’s drummer JACK BRUNO (who sometimes sat in with the Beaters).
Soon after,…Dyer got a call from Tina Turner’s management, asking if he could fly out to L.A. to audition.

“All I thought about was all I had to do. That’s all I thought about.
That was the only thing that mattered,” Dyer said.
“I had done my homework. I was ready. I knew if I got the audition. I was gonna get the gig.”

With only 24-hour notice,…
Dyer was to audition for TINA TURNER on Jan. 24, 1987.
The day before Super Bowl XXI between the New York Giants and the Denver Broncos.

“I could only fly through Denver. There were no direct flights.
All the flights were taken and the flight leaving Boston was delayed because it had a flat tire,” Dyer said."

”So, I arrive in Denver…I go to the counter and I told the flight agent,…
”You got to get me on the next flight out of here.
I have an audition with Tina Turner,.and I need to get on that plane.”
And the flight agent said,…
"Now I’ve heard everything.”

:black_small_square:In the end,
Dyer was 90 minutes late for his audition in front of TINA TURNER.
A woman who doesn’t tolerate excuses and tardiness,.and is all about…
Professionalism and Perfection.

“So I walk into this big rehearsal room. Management’s everywhere.
The entire crew was there,and the band was in a semi-circle and Tina was standing in the middle of the band, arms cross,” Dyer said.”

I get close to her and she starts laughing…’I told them all to give a bad attitude for showing up late.’
And she gave me a hug and thanked me for coming,.and she said what would you like to start with.?
And I said,.”This is the biggest audition ever in my life.
And you’re asking me? … It’s your band.”

Turner and Dyer agreed on “Typical Male”, and from there they worked all the way through the “Private Dancer” material slated for the tour, well as some stuff that Dyer didn’t know.

“It was a very intense but a really fun audition.
Tina’s dancing around me, singing in my ear,” Dyer said.
“When we were done playing, then she started asking me questions … ‘What sign are you?’
I said,…
‘Well, I’m a Sag (as in Sagittarius).’
And Tina just stopped and said, ‘OK, what date?’
I said, ‘November 28.’
And she said, ‘Wow, I’m the 26. I guess I’m gonna have to give you the gig.’

:+1:t2:Four months after being kicked out of Farrenheit,.Dyer launched into a month of rehearsals in Los Angeles.
Followed by two weeks of high-tech production in Munich,……

And then Going On Tour With TINA TURNER for the next year and a half.
Playing to over Five Million people and performing 250-plus Sold Out Concerts Worldwide.

“It was unbelievable.
I went from the dregs, having nothing, to Learjets and caviar.
Playing with one of the greatest female singers the world has ever known,” Dyer said.

“I got paid a lot of money to hang around with musicians that are still some of my best friends, and play music,…travel the world at the very highest level.
Play the biggest gigs in the world and laugh.”

:small_orange_diamond:Highlights of the tour including 13 nights in a row at Wembley Arena in London.
And playing in front of a record-breaking crowd of 200,000 in Brazil for HBO’s….
“Tina Turner, Live From Rio” special in 1988, which was broadcast live.

:fire:“Tina’s a fireball.
She’s unbelievably demanding and tough,.but she didn’t expect anything from anybody that she didn’t expect from herself,” Dyer said.
“If you messed up, you were going to get called into the dressing room, and you didn’t want to get called into the dressing room.”

Dyer was called into Tina’s dressing room only once.

“I just changed the phrasing at the beginning of ‘Private Dancer’ a little,′ Dyer said.
“I got called in. I walked into her dressing room. I said, ‘I know why I’m here. Don’t worry. I won’t ever do it again.’
’Tina laughed and said ‘ OK.’

Although they have crossed paths since, Dyer has never played with Tina Turner ever again after the “Break Every Rule World Tour”.

:smiley:Fun to take part of a musician’s reality, on tour with one of the world’s largest concert/arena artists.

/Peder🙂

:small_blue_diamond:Here,…Deric Dyer starts the song “Paradise Is Here”,…from
“Break Every Rule World Tour”…
with a saxophone solo.

He also ends the song,.at the front of the stage in a wonderful way.
Very good soundquality for being Youtube.

/Peder🙂

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond:As the picture says,…1 month before ticket realise in the USA for…

TINA:The Musical On Broadway.

59712265_10103883000018792_3332540750750547968_n
:small_orange_diamond:Tina and Ike 1965.
If Tina here had known,.that year 2019 so would a musical about her life,played simultaneously in three capitals in the world.
London,hamburg and Broadway,New York.

:small_blue_diamond:1988 in Argentina,…as Tina was described throughout her career…
The Hurricane.

:small_orange_diamond:Tina 1990,.perform the last song in her
“Foreign Affair World Tour”.

:small_blue_diamond:Tina,…as been said,a hurricane,a fireball on stage.
An energy like no other artist come near.

:small_orange_diamond:In 2009,…Tina is 70 years old,…but picture shows that the energy,the hurricane is there still.

The largest newspapers in sweden began their reviews of her last Show with the words.
:black_small_square:The Hurricane pulls into over Sweden.
It is not bad,.when one is 70 years old to get such reviews.

:small_blue_diamond:Tina knew what she wanted,.when she Stand Up and Go,.from Ike 1976.
It was then her travel began,…and which now ends on Broadway,New York autumn 2019.
43 years later.

/Peder🙂

A Legendary Smile

60350153_3309407749084787_7160588622855405568_n

:small_blue_diamond:It is a gift that very few artists have.
To face an audience of between 30 000 to 120 000 people,.and alone on the stage…

But be able to have a smile and a natural charisma,…so that you almost feel that it is “me she is watching”.
You notice that she loves to perform,.this smile comes from the heart.

This is unique.

/Peder🙂

61745897_3349914148367480_2753399887314812928_n

:small_blue_diamond:This image is from,…Approximately 1980-82.

It is,.in other words,just around a year before Tina Turner made her unprecedented World Comeback 1984.
This with the record “Private Dancer”,.and the song…“What’s Love Got To Do With It”.

:black_small_square:A comeback that is even today unprecedented.
Tina often performed together with The Rolling Stones,.who was also one of Tina’s best friends.
In the picture,.we also see Ronnie Wood and Mick Jagger.

For those of you who do not know,…It was Tina who taught Mick to dance on stage

/Peder🙂

1 Like

Tina Turner,.1984 Australian TV-Interview,on Countdown with Molly Meldrum HD.

:small_blue_diamond:Below,.the text that announced the interview on Australian TV.

"Tina Turner is in a GREAT frame of mind, ending the year 1984.
As we see and hear,.Tina Turner tell us all about it in this Exclusive Australian television interview.

So sit back and enjoy this fantastically entertaining interview,.by Molly Meldrum. With one of the GREATEST female Entertainers of ALL-TIME,.the incomparable Tina Turner, a PHENOMENON on Legs!"

/Peder🙂