Titan Audio Cable Lifts

Dedicated mains can go too far.

1 Like

Do you mean for my system? Thanks for all the input btw. Thought it was an interesting item and worth a post!

1 Like

i was replying to StephanP, Steve. I just think that more the system is resolving, more you can hear an upgrade in sound with that tweak.
Worth to try however.

Thank you frenchrooster for drawing attention to my home made cable lifters. It is not easy to see from the photograph but there are two notches one on either side of the main body. These are to hold a rubber band so that the cable is resting on the band not the acrylic. The rubber bands are tuned bands of course. I am currently using the 1.43 KHz ones and will in due course compare them with the 2.3KHz ones to see if there is a discernible difference in performance.

Cheers Steve2

3 Likes

you have an entry level system Steve , no? :star_struck::partying_face::rofl:

I like to think its entry level. That way I can justify more upgrades!! Maybe if I reach the hights of fully active or Statement that would change :joy::joy:

1 Like

Perhaps we should try something like that to lift our cables

2 Likes

I tried one of these giant bubble wrap cushions to get a SL interconnect cable off the carpet, it didn’t make it any better and may have made it worse though not as much as looping it.

i have checked your profile before posting :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Shunyata Research make some nice ones:

Oh and if you don’t want to spend money one can use Wine Corks they actually work pretty good. And it’s fun getting all the corks you may need!

1 Like

To add drama and wonderment to the listening room. Try some ambient floating lighting.

i am quite sure that cables will be something in the past in maybe 20 years. We will have something like a Devialet integrated, streamer and bluetooth speakers. But with high fidelity sound.
Speakers will perhaps also be non existent. A different technology will materialize the sound in space. Some anticipation…

I bought some. Enough to do my speaker cables (Super Lumina) and Powerlines. They were so cheap I thought I would take a punt. Why not?! Firstly they look a lot better than the foam I have used previously. Secondly they sound better. Thats right, they sound better.

I spoke to a dealer when I made the first post and they were convinced it would make a difference they offered a money back guarantee. Nothing to lose. They were right.

They cost for 28 (7 Packs) £200. The cables, Full SL Loom and 5 x Powerlines have a value of £12k so these represent a 0.016% investment vs the cables. If you consider the system (500 series) then that % decreases much further.

What did I notice?

• less harshness on the highs
  • a more natural bass sound
  • an even more involving, don’t want to stop listening feeling
  • no more feelings of the sound being slightly overblown
  • generally a more pleasant sound that made me smile more.

I am not a HiFi person, I am a music person and I tried 3 different tracks that I had been struggling with over the previous few days doing a before and after. The difference was perfectly noticeable.

In terms of value for money and what it did to the sound of my system, its the best upgrade I have made. The difference was on the same level as adding the XLR SL cable. I would say I got a +5% uplift in enjoyment from my system for only £200. Noting a comment earlier about the Roman soldier logo, you can’t see them when in place. They are transparent so they also blend into my dark floor rather well.

These will obviously be room and system dependant but having owned a lot of Naim gear and made a lot of upgrades they made a difference to my listening pleasure.

1 Like

Can you tell me please how you made these and where you got the materials from?

you should ask @Steve2. He is the person who made it diy.

Steve2

4d

Thank you frenchrooster for drawing attention to my home made cable lifters. It is not easy to see from the photograph but there are two notches one on either side of the main body. These are to hold a rubber band so that the cable is resting on the band not the acrylic. The rubber bands are tuned bands of course. I am currently using the 1.43 KHz ones and will in due course compare them with the 2.3KHz ones to see if there is a discernible difference in performance.

Cheers Steve2

How did you make these and from what materials, are they easy to form? Thanks!

you should adress personally your question to @Steve2, Henryski.

How did you make these and from what materials, are they easy to form? Thanks!

I thought i did, ooohps!

1 Like