Top source + entry amplification

@Christopher_M
My main source is CDP and will stay as with phisical CD. Never say never, but not yet plans to rip CD. Therefore at the moment decide to add XPS to CDX2 or move to CDS3. Second way more complicated. Having said that I want to have something like ND5XS for internet radio, maybe some service, but that will be second preference after CDP.

On amplification key to decide is to get SU or Nait5 (or other small amplifier) + ND5XS (also could be other options, not necessary Naim here)

@Murmur I’m very, if not completely, free from being fussy on HiFi stuff or influenced by marketing gimmicks. Just liking the sound quality.

I can vote for the original Nait 5 and a Chord Mojo.

The Nait 5 is brilliant as long as you have easy to drive loudspeakers.

2 Likes

You are going to need a XPS for a CDS3 if you ever go for that player. So get an XPS now for your CDX2 and run it with which ever amp you choose in the first instance. Easy :slight_smile:

I’d go back to CDS3 and Nait XS in a heartbeat if I could!

2 Likes

My Nait 2 CB with recent service into Allaes sounds bloody marvellous even with a UQ2 as source it has real soul.

Recently I have questioned my bigger setup 272/555DR/300/SL2s and have contemplated the following Nait2/SL2s/555DR/NDX2 as the main system and UQ2 into Tab 10 Sigs for second setup.

Duck for cover :star_struck:

5 Likes

HiFiman, not fully understand your first sentance. You did connect UQ2 to Nait 2CB ? For test test purpose ? Which outputs/inputs you used ?

I ran my SL2s with a Nait2, fronted by a UQ2 as source and an LP!2 for over a year in my small office. It was absolutely fantastic, and everyone who heard it thought the same!

3 Likes

Just looked what is SL2. Oh, big speakers !

Use the UQ2 phono pre outs with volume set at 75 feeding AUX port on the Nait 2

1 Like

Same here Gary. I’ve just moved house main setup is still boxed so the Nait2, UQ2 and Allaes are setup in the main living room making it easy to dismantle once we decorate.

I have to say everyone who has called in has mentioned how wonderful this setup sounds.

2 Likes

Very interesting thread.

A long time ago I heard a rumor of a guy who ran a CDS/Nait 2. I thought it was crazy. Now that I own a CB Nait 2 that has been restored to the max, it makes a lot of sense. I realized over time that what I want from the amps most of the time is the Naim flavor, not nightclub levels of power. Okay, yes, occasionally I want that but only 5% of the time and why pour tens of thousands into capabilities that I use so rarely.

I have never felt like the CB Nait 2 was a bottleneck as I upgraded sources. It easily showed off the improvements when going from P3 to P6 or CD5/Supercap to CDX/XPS.

3 Likes

Gary, what are your speakers for those systems?

Why did you choose Nait 5s for both systems rather than keep the Nait 2 for one of them?

In the CDS3/Nait5/Hicap system i use Shahinian Compass. In the LP12/Nait5/Flatcap system i use Linn Kabers. The reason i moved on the Nait2 after several years of ownership is that i was often using in my main system and wanted a remote, and after owning the Nait5 i appreciated it enough to want another, plus it was easier to use a moving coil stageline with the Nait5 and aux2.

1 Like

Gary, is MC stageline your use internal or external ?

External Andre, Naim don’t offer an option of internal MC stages these days.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.