Top Tips

I always left the puck in the player but without a CD in. Never had an issue.

Me too. If I’d stored my puck out of the CD player I’d have lost it years ago. Probably be on puck 6 by now :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

If your staying overnight in a haunted house as a couple.
Get the missus to investigate any funny noises wearing only her skimpiest underwear or see through nightie.

6 Likes

Best tip?

Don’t eat spanners.

Ear plugs - I’ve been riding motor bikes and using ear plugs for nearly 40 years and only recently learned how to insert them properly. The tip is to pull the ear lobe back while inserting them, allowing the plug to expand. This provides a better seal and makes them less likely to work loose.

2 Likes

Funny how what were once called something like handy household hints and tips are now called life hacks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ironing can almost be a pleasure if the clothes are slightly damp. (Just remember to take them off first).

2 Likes

You take them off first? Damn, that’s what I’ve been doing wrong!

Never cut the lawn the same way twice running.

I rotate N-S; NE-SW: E-W; then NW-SE

1 Like

A compass on a flymo !!! What will they think of next ? :wink:

2 Likes

Don’t miss the stewardess reading the security instructions for you, Don.

1 Like

When loading a dishwasher, it is best to wash the dishes first.

If you have to wash the dishes before loading into the dishwasher, it is best to get a new dishwasher!

2 Likes

Unless you want stripes… (I assume that is best for stripes)

Ironing can be an absolutely complete pleasure if you don’t do it - underclothes never need ironing, rarely do teeshirts if hung up to dry with a good shake first soon after washing. Likewise bedclothes don’t need ironing if hung and folded with care. Even trousers if well hung (‘well’ as in neatly…) Non-non-iron shirts belong in the bin or charity shop. Non-iron shirts sadly do usually need a light iron, as do some trousers and occasionally other things. The trick there is to be so bad and slow at ironing yourself that your other half says: “for goodness sake, give it to me”! Then you can enjoy having the time free to watch your partner giving you pleasure…

(Remember to reciprocate some time with something else - maybe those lawn stripes!)

2 Likes

Now a more serious one:
Before flying, loosen caps and sqeeze out excess air from bottles then retighten. That way the expansion under reduced pressure won’t put a strain on the desks risking leakage. Unfortunately doesn’t work with glass bottles. (Empty bottles best just left with lid loose.)

And also be careful with fountain pens when flying for the same reason. It has never happened to me you understand …

I use an Allen hover mower in the UK and a Toro in Canada.

Sometimes I start around the perimeters and gradually work inwards moving clockwise.

Othertimes I use the N-S…NE-SW layout.

I was advised a long time ago to avoid repeating the same mowing pattern twice running and also to avoid making the next cut at right angles to the previous.

With the hover mower I usually follow the main cut with a quick L-R sweep in the shape of an arc and this leaves a clean lawn devoid of stripes. Without the L-R sweep, I get stripes, even with the hover mower. With the N-S sequence, alternate cuts are diagonal to the main layout of the lawns, none of which are simple rectangles.

Don, A second career as a groundsman at a Premier League football club awaits you :slight_smile:

Best, C.

1 Like

All these household tips about ironing and dishwashing etc. :grimacing:
My tip is get a wife or significant other to do it. Life’s too short for that sh1t.