Top Tips

Who do you think provided me with the information based on her expertise to provide you with these tips ? I just assumed you would pass them on to your other half ?

Nah, it’s ok Don. 45 yrs in and she’s just about getting the hang of it. :+1:

Sadly not. Since the weekly excitement of seeing what new pattern Leicester City’s ground staff had come up with during their stroll to the title the other year, the FA have banned such designs. Straight cuts only, no fancy designs allowed now.

Difficult to get really flat.

1 Like

Press really hard with a hot steam iron… Otherwise check to see if something has been left inside.

Pesky auto”correct”, and too late to amend. Whilst strain on desks might cause leakage, the intended word was seals. Or maybe cause was simply fat fingertip on iPhone screen keypad…

Tip: sharpen fingers before using a smartphone.

1 Like

For the past few years, our lawn has died so early in the summer it doesn’t need mowing. It never rains after the beginning of June anymore, and smoke season is starting earlier and earlier each year.

No, though my state grammar school seemed to think they should treat us in the same way…

Don’t attempt do it yourself.

For hayfever sufferers, in summer do not dry your bedding n the outside washing line. As I saw in an article on the BBC last year, many of us take the opportunity to get lovely fresh smelling bedding by drying outside in summer, then spend the night lying in pollen-covered sheets, and exacerbate our allergies.

1 Like

If you have been out in the field for sabbaticals for a good while and come back with real smelly feet. Take a long soak bath instead of a shower. Standing in a shower is somewhat more logistically difficult to deal with your lower half properly.
Having a long sitting soak is more appropriate for getting out the foot scraper and scrub.
With of course a final quick shower to wash of anything.

Good shoes are priceless. I love the smell of my socks after a day in proper shoes. They smell as good quality leather, not sweat or so.

1 Like

Indeed. Yet some sabbatical manoeuvres reguire something more appropriate than leather custom tailored brown brogues.

I’m a fan of brown paper and a damp tea towel for pressing those sharp creases on suit trousers. Now I appreciate my father did this with his uniform before the days of steam irons, but the use of the paper and tea towel prevents the trousers getting a shine.

I may have said this elsewhere, but your post reminded me for top tips.

My grandfather used to say, " buy the most expensive shoes and bed you can afford. When you’re not in one, you’re in the other".

4 Likes

And right he was. To stay on topic: put spanners in your shoes:

3 Likes

The trouble is, in the modern, rather than your grandfather’s, world, most expensive doesn’t mean the most comfortable or durable… The Which? Magazine report on mattresses makes interesting reading, while with shoes it tends to be fashion rather than fit and quality that dictates the highest prices.

No, you must not attempt DIY: the verb is ‘do’, not ‘attempt’!

If you press the button on the charge plug as you bring it towards the car, the little charge-port door on your Model 3 will pop open as if by magic, ready for the plug. (The delivery guy never showed us this. There are at least 3 other ways to open the charge-port door, but pressing the button on the plug that you have in your hand anyway is by far the easiest.)

Reminds me of the first Barry Mckenzie film and the electricity meter…