Tour de France 2024 🇫🇷

also important to mention the rather limited number of races the top drivers ride. All preparation is really axed towards these specific goals/races.

In Belgium a complete new sports (not only for cyclists) training center just openend. They can simulate all sort of circonstances (height, heat,…), and for bikers combined with the real race tracks on screen and directly linked to the training bike. Youcan feel the cobbles of the Tour of Flandres or Paris-Roubaix. A same approach as used in Formula 1.

4 Likes

It seems Pogačar is no longer going to the Olympics and is said to be focusing on the Worlds. Surely la Veulta and that illusive triple would be too much to resist wouldn’t it? What am I missing here?

Pogacar was not pleased his girlfriend was not selected for the olympics, even when she is the actual Slovenian ladies champion on the road (second place 11 minutes behind) and time trial.
He never intended to go to the Vuelta. His goals for 2024 were Giro and Tour in the same year, followed by the world championship later on this year.

3 Likes

My guess is he’s “peaking” now, so has planned the next phase to recover before building again for the worlds. If he did the Vuelta I don’t think it’s possible for the body to remain in peak condition for so long. Pogacar though, does seem an exception to most rules.

1 Like

Really good documentary about Girmay.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.