Transit bolts

I’m taking my NAC 52 along with me when I pickup a 2nd hand LP12. (I can’t decide what cartridge to use, and I still have the MC and MM boards.) But I can’t remember what the transit bolts look like. Any ideas?

@Camphuw Not sure there are any on a 52 - take a look at the underside?

1 Like

You can’t remember because it doesn’t have any.

3 Likes

That’s put my mind at rest … there was no reference to them in the manual. So the bolts must belong to the NDS. Problem solved - thanks

any plans to play Chicago TRANSIT Authority on the new turntable? :grin:

2 Likes

It’s not in my collection …
However, with Brexit around the corner transit protocols are on the increase …

And you get to spend a few days in a lorry park, so you can listen to lots of music whilst you wait :wink:

2 Likes

With quite a few Naim products having transit bolts it pays to keep them tagged with a label. The bolts are essetial to keep things in safe “transit” and removed when in use for best sound.
Also keep the boxes they came in for any servicing. These boxes may be only cardboard but not a cheap product. Helps if you P/Ex as well.

1 Like

I find it’s best to keep the box and then place the transport bolts inside the empty box so that they’re there when you need them again.

2 Likes

Always save Hifi boxes … I have a little city of them in my basement!

3 Likes

I save the boxes too, but as my dealer points out - he installs systems in apartments, so storage space becomes a luxury. And I’m only 99% sure that the cd transit bolt is in the box.

I have the space now, but when I don’t, I’ll collapse the boxes, and mark and hang the foam inserts, and tape on the bag of hardware bits.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.