I installed Kazoo but it just sits as “Looking for room”. I guess only the Naim programme works with the Unitiqute 1 but I didn’t expect it to work since I don’t have a Linn streamer.
You asked about standards. I don’t have any.
I found this organisation or industry body DDEX which works on standards for metadata, which appears to be for the recording supply chain and content delivery industries.
Which I found from Youtube video of theirs I found Classical Music Metadata (March 2022) - YouTube
You mentioned in the other thread you keep a file. I maintained a similar external file with data of composers, conductors, soloists choruses, orchestras, recording venues, concert halls, operas
It was a Microsoft Access database *accdb, my subscription to Office 365 expired and I won’t afford to keep paying them subs every year so I.m having trouble accessing that properly with Libreoffice.
From the tables in that I copied and pasted over poorly-populated tag fields which have either missing diacratics or use a plethora of informal or simply incorrect names.
I stick to birth names
Wagner, Wilhelm ‘Richard’ (1813-1883)
Bartók, Béla Viktor János (1881-1945)
Meyerbeer, Giacomo (b. Jacob Liebmann Beer) (1791-1864)
Strauss II, Johann Baptist (1825-1899)
Janáček, Leo ‘Leoš’ Eugen (1854-1928)
Karajan, Heribert Ritter von (1908-1989)
Furtwängler, Gustav Heinrich Ernst Martin Wilhelm (1886-1954)
Sächsische Staatskapelle Dresden
Orchestra of the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden
Choirs (or choruses)
Singverein der Gesellschaft der Musikfreunde in Wien [official name for Wiener Singverein]
Pražský filharmonický sbor
Chorus Of The Royal Opera House, Covent Garden
Richard-Wagner-Festspielhaus [official name or Bayreuther festspielhaus]
Sächsische Staatsoper, Dresden
Concert halls (premieres or recordings)
München, Königliches Hof-und Nationaltheater[still working on that one, the hyphen seems wrong]
Recognised abbreviations and ones I use for folder naming and metatag album naming to keep the character count down
LSO, LPO, RIAS, BRSO, NYPO, CSO, SSKD, PO (Philharmonia Orchestra), BPO (Berliner Philharmoniker), WPO (Wiener Philharmoniker)
Instrument abbreviations from imslp
vn violin, vc violincello, pf pianoforte, fp fortepiano, sop soprano [voice]
Keys in EN, DE, IT, FR, ES, solfege, # and ♭ symbols, so I can copy and paste to reduce character count.
Directory structure is, from music folder:
1600-21XX-Classical [Sensu Lato]-VA [Smush Albums with tracks across different periods, usually soloists’ repetoire albums]
1600-1760-Baroque-VA and so forth
In period directories there are composer directories
Bach, Johann Sebastian (1685-1750)
Vivaldi, Antonio (1678-1741)
Album naming is a bit inconsistent at this time. I’m experimenting with various formats to see how they present on different players and devices.
Wagner - Tannhäuser und der Sängerkrieg auf Wartburg WWV 70 - Haitink, BRSO (1985)
Wagner - Tannhäuser (Paris) - Solti, WPO (1970)
Wagner - Tannhäuser - Sawallisch, Bayreuth, dlA, Bumbry, Windgassen (1961)
It works out better preceding the work title with composer surname for sorting on my mobile handest or other devices where I don’t have the directory structure.
I’m not that fussed over the singers (unless awful) as I’m not ablr to tell much difference but singers’ performances of different releases crop up frequently in threads on classical forums so to learn more and take part in the conversation I’ve tried listing a few in album titles in the abscence of being able to look at he back covers in the Naim programme.
It it Asset or the Naim rogramme which inhibits the ability to browse te cover art I spent so much time looking for, downloading and in many cases, scanning?
First thing first, after ripping I look up the reelease on Discogs, them populate the DiscogsalbumID field with the release ID from the top RH corner of the discogs page. Click it, a bubble pops up “copy release ID”, right click, click on copy then past to the form. That’s there so I can refer back to it.
I then copy and paste all the credits including companies, recording dates to the multiline (set at one line) credits field then it’s quicker to copy and paste from the credits in MP3tag rather than switching back and forth to a webpage or my database and the MP3tag panel.
I split albums e.g with two or more works on them after I populate enough of the fields that I could reconstitute the original album if I want or need to e.g. to burn a CD. The tracks stay in the initial directory so it’s not necessary but I added a Boxset field but use that loosely for parent album.
Don’t ask me though. I don’t know what I’m doing and it’s you who will be browsing your system for music.