Turntable through 282

Hi everyone, just bought a 282 + 250DR and NDX2 playing fine, but can’t play the turntable through it…ive connected to the normal Aux / CD phone plus (as I did with the previous Supernait) yet nothing… am I missing something ? Thanks everyone.

1 Like

RCA or Din?
You may need to switch the input over.

Instructions below:

10.2 NAC 282 and NAC 202 Input Socket Assignment
The input selection buttons select the source input signal to be routed to the power amplifier and the loudspeakers.
The NAC 282 and NAC 202 have six DIN input sockets and two alternative pairs of RCA Phono sockets. The RCA Phono sockets can be assigned individually to the cd and aux 2 input buttons in place of the DIN sockets.
Input assignment setup is accessed through preamplifier program mode. To switch into (or exit from) program mode press and hold the prog key on the remote handset (with the handset in preamplifier mode). Program mode is indicated by a flashing indicator on the front panel volume control and, on the NAC 282, the record selection button indicators extinguishing.
Note: If no function is operated within five minutes of entering program mode the preamplifier will return to normal mode automatically.
Once in program mode press and hold the remote handset
1 key to select or de-select the RCA Phono socket input for
cd, and the remote handset 6 key to select or de-select the RCA Phono socket input for aux 2. The corresponding front panel input buttons can similarly be used to select or de-select the RCA Phono socket inputs. The appropriate input button indicator will flash three times on selection of the RCA Phono option and once on selection of the DIN option.
To exit from program mode press and hold the prog key on the handset until the record select indicators are restored and the volume indicator stops flashing.

I believe the Supernait has a Phono stage included…?

A 282 does not have a Phono stage built in.

2 Likes

Ah! Good point Ian.
Yes, no Phono Stage in a 282. I made the assumption that the OP was plugging in a Phono Stage🤷🏻‍♂️

1 Like

I believe the OP has a Supernait 2, so he must have a phono stage elsewhere. I suspect the input selection needing to be changed from DIN to phono is the most likely solution.

1 Like

@QuickSticks @ChrisSU - Both are valid explanations.

I am very sure about the 282 (having no phono*) - not so sure about Supernaits… :thinking:

(* - I own an 82 which definitely does have a phono stage - albeit only if you have phono boards fitted.)

Thank you so much! This nail stuff is incredibly complex and without the encyclopaedic knowledge of people on this community, I’d be listening to Sonos !!!

Did it help? Are you up and listening?:thinking:

yes, all sorted. programmed to run through the RCA sockets. thanks to everyone on this invaluable forum! aside, the new 282+250 is a huge step up from the supernait 2 !

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.