TV Art

Has anyone tried a tv art wallpaper type app? I’ve got the basic LG free one running while I’ve got music on - really liking it

3 Likes

2 Likes

I’m using the Samsung Frame 40 something inches in my kitchen for TV and my own pictures presentation rolling .

I love it, but I have to say that your setup look real nice with the art image. I will definitely give a try on subscription soon.

3 Likes

Samsung Frame here too… Love it

1 Like

If those TVs are anything like my 55" Sony, having art displayed all day will cost $$$.

1 Like

1 Like

For sure it’s not carbon neutral :wink:
But art mode consommation is less and it turns off when nobody is around.

According to web site:
-« Art Mode in The Frame TV is designed to consume the least possible power as the photos will display for a prolonged period of time. The power consumption in Art Mode is roughly about 30% of TV Mode depending on surrounding colours and an average living room brightness of 50 lux.

The Frame is designed to withstand prolong display of art and photos. Therefore, the panels used in The Frame are not prone to screen burn out issues as other TVs. Motion sensors are embedded to display photos only when it detects someone in the room, otherwise the TV will move to standby mode.«

1 Like

Very nice; I do this with my Samsung Frame.

Now if only the Naim App could display a Now Playing screen on the TV!

2 Likes

The Frame 43’’.

3 Likes

The TVs look far better like that than as the normal large black rectangle.
I have sometime thought of setting a TV up to run a continuous slideshow tapping into all my digital photos, but the running cost and (assumed) diminution of life of the tends to put me off.

Incidentally, it surprises me the height people sometimes mount televisions - I don’t like to look up while watching, preferring more-or-less straight ahead, and I’d find it very tiring watching a TV positioned significantly higher, e.g. above a mantlepiece. But that is a good height for displaying art or photos!

2 Likes

99% of people don’t know how to position speakers, putting little standmount speakers on the floor and stuff. 99% of people with TVs are the same. Same logic dictates both. "If I can hear it, it’s right. " and “If I can see it, it’s right.”

Of course, for Art TV, the rules are different. Everything seen here looks to be height appropriate for a hung painting.

I agree too. I was told and also I believe that eye level when seated is more comfortable. At some point it’s a personal choice. But I don’t believe it’s important as a tweeter level.

In my case being in the kitchen I was limited to left by a cabinet door opening on the screen and switches below. But since it’s mainly for watching news while working the food or being seated on a stool for quick lunch, I can live with it.
Again I love to see pictures, but those arts really looks good! I will definitely give it a try!

1 Like

Mine is slightly above eye level if you drew a straight line. But the mount it is on enables me to angle it down. Combined with the slightly relaxed angle I tend to sit at when watching tv (not bolt upright) you get a screen perpendicular to your line of sight and in line

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.