Type 2 circuit breaker

Does anyone still use 16A Type 2 circuit breaker for Naim? Is it enough for Naim amps? Does this kind of breaker blow when turning on the amps? Thanks!

With different mains systems used in different countries, it would probably help to clarify where you are situated. In the UK, a 16A circuit for the Hifi is less than ideal, whereas in other countries where mains plugs are not fitted with fuses it may be the maximum safely permitted.

Thanks for replying. I’m in Germany. I have blow problems using B16 circuit breaker. I have chance to get some nice quality MEM type 2 breakers but I am not sure if type 2 is as same as type B and if it blows when turning amps on

Naim’s recommendation to me in the UK was to use a 32 Amp breaker, and that was for the relatively modest NDX/282/200 system I had at the time. As Richard says, wiring systems vary in different countries vary so this may not be appropriate or safe for you, so you should check this with an electrician.

A Type C breaker will prevent nuisance tripping when you switch on your Naim power supplies if that is a problem for you. I vaguely recall that type 1, 2 and 3 were old designations now known as type B, C and D but I’m not 100% sure on this, so again, you should consult a qualified electrician.

You really need to talk with a local (German) electrical engineer.
UK & EU systems are different wrt MCB “Type” rating ,
Type 2 (or type 1) circuit breakers as applied in the EU system does not equate to the Type A, B & C rating in the BS (UK) system.
The UK BS Type is rating the trip characteristics for the load type, resistive (A) inductive (B) highly inductive (C)
I believe the EU Type rating is for domestic only (Type 1) or Domestic and Industrial (Type 2)
I suspect this may be something to do with load type, but I’m not qualified on EU standards, and why I advise go talk to a local electrician.

Thanks guys. I will consult a technician in terms of this issue

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.