Unhappy with the new NAIM update

Glad to hear that the factory reset helped, but at my system it is still the same. Have contacted naim - they will help!

Hi chris, you are referring to reset of Naim app right?
Not a factory reset off nd555
David

A factory reset of the streamer is what is being discussed. I reload the app afterwards too.

G

Anyone unhappy with the update on the ND5X2 and has done the factory reset and now happy?

thanks, @GraemeH
please clarify how to do a factory reset for the ND555
David

I’ll defer to @ChrisBell to advise, as I no longer use the ND555.

G

Chris, have you the earth switched on ”chassis” or ”floating” after the reset?

Just read the @drago post re factory reset with 2 PS.
Now the issue is whether worth doing.
My system sounds fine but… maybe could be better after reset.
I gather will lose radio presets but not my Qobuz playlists or favorites. Right?
Drago, impressions after reset?
David

1 Like

Hi David. I don’t do playlists so can’t advise I’m afraid. All my Qobuz selected albums were intact, but I did have to reselect radio stations.

No hardship to reset all settings in the app to get the wonderful sound balance and drive back.

G

Your Qobuz favourites will be stored on Qobuz servers. They are visible in the Naim app for any Naim streamers, and in the Qobuz app or web player, so not stored on your streamer.

1 Like

Thanks Richard - as a 332/333 newbie, if I do a 333 factory reset will I also lose the selected input assignments on the 332? Ta in advance.

I don’t know - probably a question for Naim.

What you do to the 333 won’t affect the 332 directly as its settings will only change if you factory reset that as well. What a 333 factory reset will do is affect your radio presets, which digital inputs you’ve turned on/off, output DIN/XLR/RCA settings any personal renaming protocol etc and you will need to go through the automation setup between the two again should you go ahead. If you have automation connection problems after the reset of your 333, you may find the same reset will be needed on the 332 as well.

1 Like

No expert in these matters, but would it be possible to be allowed to choose the version you can install?
Martin

Factory reset of the ND555. I did not reset the app.

1 Like

Reset streamer:

When turning on the ND555’s power supply, hold down the Play and Input selection buttons of the ND555, until the front panel display of the ND555 turns on, then release.

1 Like

Floating as I have a Solstice Turntable, Superline/Supercap.

Unfortunately without the effect I longed so much for - still sounding as before.
Qobuz playlist as well as local ones stay - radio presets will go

Same here … and other things are not going well these days - I have great need of musical relaxation… The ear-gut-heart response telling you something is wrong does not feel so good (in any situation) - and its really very much first world! :wink:
Is your system now cured?

Sorry to hear you have ongoing issues. All good here now.

G

1 Like