UnitCore or not to Uniticore

I have decided that the Core or Innuos is the way to go. Simple ripping. Sound into MuSo is probably better.

Going to get a turntable to connect to the MuSo reading about a Rega Planner 2/3 which seems to plug straight into the MuSo for those moments I want to put a record on and then the CD collection can enjoy being in one place.

Does that sound good ? I will head over to the turntable streams now and make sure I have not missed anything.

2 Likes

A better sounding solution would be a Uniti Star ( 1 box= integrated amp, streamer, cd ripper) . And a Rega P2 . But you need a phono stage too.
And little speakers too.

Do I need a phono stage for the MuSo. I’m limited for space and speakers don’t really fit in the room oddly. Even little ones have nowhere to perch. Stands and cables look unsightly. It’s a 200 year old tiny cottage. Walls are 13inches thick :slight_smile:

I would sort out your CD ripping solution first when you are happy with whichever setup you decide on then think about a turntable.

Tidal connect allows you to send whatever song, album or playlist you want from the App to your streamer, as long as your streamer/endpoint supports it. In my case, I use an IFI Zen stream which sounds great to me. Rather than opening the Naim App, you open the Tidal App, and send directly from it.

So if I use the core or the innuos do I go straight into the Naim app and select the server input instead of USB. That user experience is dreadful basically a list of files and no images until you select the track itself for the album cover.

Anyone got a screen shot from the Naim app of what a core or an innuos looks like when searching albums or artists ??

Thanks

The Server input on a Naim streamer will allow you to browse the metadata supported by any UPnP server including the Core or Innuos Zen. The USB input by comparison allows only the most basic folder view to be viewed, and us only really suited to memory sticks with a few albums on them.

You can see videos on YouTube, for Uniticore and Innuos Zen mini. You will have a better idea.
But yes, the Naim app will see them and you will have the cover album , and even the credits.

I own a Unitiserve, but it should be similar to the Core: you can select your UPnP-Server, chose the Naim and then have full display of all albums.

Can only uplaod one shot at a time, here’s the album view:

Screen shot of artists using the Naim app on my Core.

This is a view of Albums listed alphabetically you have options to change the view or listings order.

1 Like

Yes Thank you. That’s the badger !!!

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to all on here who responded with various suggestions and comments and experiences.

Adding to my MuSo and QB I ended up going with an Innuos 1TB and a Rega Plannar 2/3 with their mini phono stage. Ripped 130 CDs so far and bought 3 old vinyls to serve as a memory of the past when things were more theatre trying to do anything.

I now have my eye on Uniti - something for the future Atom maybe. But that will be a while as I need to reset my funds.

Feedback so far : the Innuos is so so simple easy to use and the back up makes it genius. The Norfolk dealer had one in stock and because it will be hidden in a cupboard essentially I went with the cheaper option as having a Naim product I would have wanted it on show. So I used the funds to buy a record deck and I am stunned at the simplicity and quality of the Plannar 2.

The connectivity is all so simple across the products and as others suggested the Much improved (I never knew the old one) Naim app is excellent. A nice User experience which is my line of work anyhow.

Having the album covers to flick through or the artists I can’t wait to rip the whole collection and may even carry on collecting CDs again. I downloaded a trial of GoBuz and it’s good. But I think I prefer the flick through of the past rather than being fed music that is being promoted to me. It just suits my style of listening and searching, and I smile as I find albums I have not heard forever but also ones you can’t steam. George Martin compilation was a treat not heard since I got rid of my CD player.

So there you have it. I have some experience now in the Naim and connectivity world. I hope I can share with others. The Naim products are wonderful and that Uniti range all in one is tempting me. I need to sort out the speak set up. The MuSo makes such an amazing sound bar for a small room. Such clarity !! And a thump when ya need it. Is it Atmos? No. But it doesn’t matter in truth as the sound is so good I don’t miss the planes flying behind me. I can hear them in the skies again as lock down continues to improve our lives.

Thank all. T

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.