Uniti Atom HE - connecting CD Player - optical, coax or analogue?

My new Atom HE will be winging its way to me in the next few days.
I’ll be connecting my Marantz CD6007 player to it.
The Marantz has optical, coax and Line Out outputs - the Atom HE has the same inputs.

Which option is going to give me the best sound quality please?

Thanks
Pete

I think the only way to find out is to try it and see which sounds best to you.

1 Like

As Paul says, you’re in a good position to try and let us know what you find. But I’d expect digital out from your CD player to sound superior to analogue out as the Atom digitises analogue inputs. Between coax and optical, I’d bet on the former, but it may depend on the optical cable you use as cheap ones can be pretty low quality, especially the Toslink plugs used.

Roger

1 Like

Thanks very much.

I’ll ty the coax as an alternative to the Line Out.
I see coax cables can cost anywhere from £7 to over £1000

Can anyone recommend a brand and how much I should spend please? Bearing in mind the Marantz CD player cost £350

I may upgrade the Marantz later, but for now I’m just looking for a decent cable at a reasonable cost.

Thanks
Pete

I wouldn’t spend big money on a coax cable. I’ve used Nam DC1s in the past, which cost as much as your CD player. I find that I get just as good performance from much cheaper cables - I’m currently using a Mark Grant HDX1 which cost about £30, and I have a Gotham which also worked well.

2 Likes

Thanks @ChrisSU - I’ve ordered the HDX1

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.