Uniti Core displaying skeletons instead of album art

Hi
I had the same thing but fixed the cover photos by going to edit metadata and then change cover. Searched in Discogs normally can find 90% of the cover art I needed , saved the image and done. Then edit metadata , change cover, photo library, select the saved image, use and save.
didn’t know there was another way of doing this
regards
Dean

This has just solved my issue. I had started another thread about this very topic.
I hadn’t had any luck with it all, BUT then I found this thread too.

I quote: “Clear image cache” and “Rebuild music database” in “Other settings” tab.

Actually in the latest version of the App there is NO ‘Rebuild’ option.

And it was a bit scary ‘Clearing the Image Cache’.I thought I would lose EVERYTHING.

However,when I did it, everything returned INCLUDING my User Edited Covers.

Thank you!

There is. See the other thread. It’s still there in Other Settings but you have to be looking at the Core with the app, not a streamer.

Best

David

No apologies needed at all!

You go to the home page in the app for the Core, so it looks like this:

Then select the gear wheel icon in top right corner and you get:

Then select Other Settings and you get this:

And the rebuild database option is second up from the bottom

Best

David

1 Like

Got it. Thank you.

2 Likes

David,
The screen shot of your app is different from mine. I don’t know when it happened but all of a sudden I am seeing “ALBUMS” with an underscore displayed underneath the usual lineup. See below screen shot

If I poke it with my finger, nothing happens, so I’m wondering why it’s there, what it does…

It looks to me like you have added a ‘favourite’ album, by tapping the star next to it (possibly by accident). This creates a list of favourite albums on the home page, which us what you can see.

Bingo! You guessed it right on, I must have poked the favorites button accidentally. I think I have too many favorites to make that useful, but it’s good to know, thanks.

I came down this morning, loaded the App on my iPad and there were NO thumbnails. It took me an hour of messing around, resetting the Core etc to get them back. Very frustrating. When you press either ‘Clear Image Cache’ or ‘Rebuild music database’ or ‘tap for options’ there is no onscreen indication that anything is happening. You don’t know if the action has started, or is in progress, or has been completed. And there is no help or advice on the app about those three options.

Also this morning, having (by luck) managed to get the cover art back, I find it is in a LIST view. There is no obvious action to change from LIST to GALLERY view. How do I do this please?

And I will chime in here to report I HAVE ALL SKELETONS AGAIN!!!

RATS!

Why is that?? It must be a gremlin that knows I’ve just revisited this thread lol.

At least I know what to do this time and will get around to doing it when I have time to mess with it.

It’s happened to me again today as well. It IS frustrating.
I also have one ripped album which I wanted to change the title of, and the ‘edit metadata’ option does not show for this particular album Grrr! The option shows for all the other albums I have checked, but not for this ONE!!!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.