Uniti Core eject button light blinking

Hello,

My Uniti Core suddenly stopped ripping cds while the eject button white light is blinking. what does that blinking light means? How do i solve the problem?

Best regards.

Try to remove the power cable from the mains first. And reconnect 5 minutes later.

Apart from the suggestion of M. Rooster, with which I agree of course, do you have an internal hard drive or SSD installed or are you using a network drive as a music store?

Did the Core previously work properly for some time, or is this a new unit to you?

Hello David,

I’m using an internal hard drive.

The Core has been working perfectly for years.

I tried but the problem remained. Thank you anyway.

Have you been able to eject the CD you were ripping?

Ok. I am wondering whether the problem is that your music store is full, or otherwise unable to take any more music.
If it’s not full then perhaps the hard disc has a fault.

You shouldn’t fill the drive more than about 90% full anyway as the Core gets unpredictable after that.

If it’s nowhere near full then you could try making a convenient USB stick the music store and try ripping again. The stick will need to be able to be formatted, so you need one that is empty or you don’t mind the contents being deleted. You change the music store location in settings- manage music. You can make the internal disc a music share so that it is still available to play. All of this is reversible, but don’t agree to format the existing music store!

If you need to fit a new internal disc ultimately, there are several ways to transfer the music - the easy way and several difficult ways. I’ll keep an eye on this and can tell you the easy way if you need me to!

And yes obviously if there is a CD stuck in the Core, you have to remove that by ejecting it with a paper clip or similar pressed hard into the eject hole. You have to do this several times as it’s a mechanical eject but eventually you will be able to pull the disc out.

And another thing, if you want to power off restart the Core you need to take the power off completely. Doing stuff with the front panel button isn’t enough.

You are right David. The internal hard drive is almost full. Probably thats the problem. It has 495 Gb of music and i need to transfer all that music to another SATA hd. What do you think it would be the easiest and faster way to transfer the music from SATA to SATA?

Yes. I think the problem is the hd it’s almost full.

The best way, if your Core will still work with it that full is to make a backup to another place (you should have one already but it may not be fully uptodate!)

Then put the new HDD in the Core, set it to be the Music Store via the Core settings and then Restore the backup into the new Music Store (using the Restore Music option in the Core settings).

This takes a long time, like up to a day, but it’s going to work properly.

2 Likes

Solved. Everything working properly. Thank you for help.

1 Like