Uniti Core needs a reboot — frequently

I’ve been using a Uniti Core for about 4 years. I’ve had a few hiccups along the way, but nothing of great concern.

However, over the past few months I’ve had to reboot it on several occasions for my library (stored on a QNAP NAS) to show up in the app. I would say this has happened about once every 3 or 4 weeks.

After a reboot, the library is slowly but surely restored. Music flows and all is well.

Is this an issue for others? Would welcome any thoughts or suggested remedies.

I have never heard of this particular issue with the Core, but I suspect that your router is the cause and I suggest that next time this happens turn off your Core and your NAS, then restart your router and once it has fully restarted then turn your NAS and your Core on again.

2 Likes

I’m thinking the same thing - ie a network issue that is (temporarily) alleviated with a brute force restart of the Core(?)

1 Like

Thanks for this. That did not cross my mind, in part because I was still able to access the NAS via my MacBook. I assumed all of the pipes were clear. If it happens again, I’ll focus on the network.

I have been helping members sort out streaming faults here for about 6 years and I would reckon at least three quarters turned out to be down to network issues.

Naim use standard protocols for discovery and streaming but they aren’t the same that you use for web browsing or Spotify, for example. So the fact the network works fine for everything else is, unfortunately, interesting rather than helpful.

3 Likes

And by the way…thank your for helping all of the Core community. Your experience and wisdom are hugely valuable.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.