Uniti Core ripping issues

I have serious issues with the ripping of new CDs. When ever I rip a CD in the best case I get metadata like album titel or song titels but no automatic cover upload (e.g. new Bruce Springsteen CD Letter to you) Very often the album stays unknown (e.g. New Amy MacDonald CD The human demands) When I manually edit CD cover and store it, the cover disappears a few second later and shows never up agin. The way to fix it is to initiate a complete rebuild of the music database which is a few hours job with a collection of a few thousand CDs. Anybody experience the same behavior?

Have you tried a power off restart of the UnitiCore?

Newly released CDs may not have metadata or cover art in the databases because the publishers can be really slow, especially if itā€™s a small label or an arrogant big label. But if you do an edit, it should save. And you shouldnā€™t have to rebuild the database (I havenā€™t done that for several years?).

Best

David

1 Like

Hi David!
I already did a factory reset and even that did not solve the issue. I think I have to call my dealer and ask for Naim support to analyze the issue.

When you did the manual edits did you remember to press ā€œ saveā€ in the NAIM app ? Itā€™s easy to miss, I did a few times and couldnā€™t understand why the cover art was still missingā€¦

Good luck, Paul

1 Like

Hi Paul!
Yes I did. The covers are stored and are displayed after rebuilding of the database. It seems that I need a Naim expert to check my Uniti Core.

And have you tried deleting and reinstalling the Naim app? Deleting it will also delete all the saved data and make the app download it all from the Core again, which doesnā€™t take long, but could help if you have a corrupted database in the app or something.

Also if you are using android, it would be worth trying a different android phone as not all android implementations are equal.

Best

David

Another thought. How full is your music store? I recall reports that after about 95% full, the behaviour of the Core can get a bit erratic.

Best

David

Hi David!
I deleted and reinstalled the App did not change the metadata issue.
I have a 8TB hard disk in the Uniti Core approximately 50% is still free capacity.

Probably time to contact Naim tech support.

1 Like

Thankā€˜s Richard I will.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.