Uniti Core Software

Thank you for the reply. :blush:

Yes I understand that. However, is it not Naim that chooses whichever metadata providers they so wish. It is similar to the choice of internet radio provider. I just found that of 500 ripped CDโ€™s, I had considerable more correctional metadata work to do with Naim than Innuos. :blush:
I wonder how many potential sales has the Naim Core lost to other manufacturers due to the software?

There were a few factors that favoured the Innuos at the time of purchase. I was running two Nova based systems and hi res wasnโ€™t supported at that time by Naim so I was planning to use Roon/Innuos to get hi res streaming. Also my previous UnitiServe was problematic, operational glitches plus a failed hard drive. The feedback from my dealer, who sold both, favoured the Innuos, there was minimal financial difference, in fact I could have went cheaper with the Innuos Zen Mini.
I did demo the Core along with the Zen at home and agree that the software experience was better with the Zen. If the Core software was as good and it had Roon Core capability I would likely have bought the Core, itโ€™s definitely the better looking of the two.

1 Like

Nice reply. I agree wholeheartedly with your comments. The Core just looks so right, with the Uniti, 200 and 300 series. :blush:

1 Like

Agreed, the aesthetic match is perfect, but the software and (lack of) regular updates are a bit of a disappointment.

I swapped a UnitiServe and CDX2 for an Innuos Zenith Mk III and, to be honest, have never regretted it.

ATB, J

1 Like

Only Naim know, if the design architecture is the limiting factor here, which is impeding the software changes. I suppose if they release a replacement Core with the changes, then you will know they blew it in the Mki version.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.