Uniti software update is here!

This is interesting, i didn’t suspect this was something that could be related to software/firmware. I got my Uniti Nova about a month ago and on one or two occassions thought that my mind was playing tricks on me since it felt that the bass response had suddenly increased. First time that i’ve contemplated getting foam plugs for my speakers too since i’ve had them… It strangely went away later which made me forget about it, but now that i’m reading this thread… Not sure what to make of it, it could still be all in my head i guess…

Yeah, I thought the same initially that my mind was playing tricks. I never believed that a software update could have an impact on the sound.

Last one really boosted bass for me overall to.

Hi all, is there any news about a new Uniti software update that should fix the issues introduced with the May update?

3 Likes

There’s a software release that’s currently in Beta testing. Last we heard was that the testing was progressing well, so hopefully a release will not be far off.

3 Likes

It’s now here!

2 Likes

Updated! Lets see how it goes. :+1:

List of fixes and updates:

New: Internet radio stations can be stopped and resumed by pressing the pause button

Fixed: Front panel display would not always switch on
Fixed: Front display does not time out so quickly during playback
Fixed: Music from UPnP server would sometimes be visible in the Naim app but would not play
Fixed: Front panel would not always offer rescan option if DAB had not yet been scanned
Fixed: Swiping through tracks on Naim app would sometimes select wrong track
Fixed: Missing bit rate and depth information on USB and UPnP input
Fixed: Tidal logout via Naim app
Fixed: Uniti Star would occasionally fail to play from its music store
Fixed: DAB stations list would sometimes be missing some stations after a rescan
Fixed: Last played DAB radio station resumes on input selection
Fixed: DAB radio stations list would occasionally be truncated after station scan

2 Likes

Looking good so far! Tested Roon, Internet Radio and TIDAL: starting, stopping, switching, etc. Can’t get it to break down or display going black. :+1:t2:

Updated Atom 3.3.0. Got fault code 138. Continued after mains out and back in.
Volume stopped working shortly after first go. Stopped responding completely after 1 minute of use.

Upgraded Nova. No issues here

Try a factory reset of the Atom , its on the website. Essentially you depower the atom, then replug and hold the Play/Pause/Input buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds…then it should reset itself. I would wait a while before retrying to install the new software…Perhaps later in the evening when there is less traffic on the Naim servers?

According to Naim R&D you should first try a power cycle to clear the fault.

However, if the fault persists, you should contact your dealer as the unit should be returned to service for repair (the cable usually just needs re-seating).

1 Like

Yeessssssss! Thank you for implementing the play/pause in the hardware buttons! That will be so much better than continually changing sources when you just want to stop it for a few minutes and resume the same station rather than trawling back through the menus.

Useful but could you not just press mute?

Not really - my internet has limited bandwidth out in the sticks and if there’s a radio station playing silently then (for instance) watching YouTube for a dinner recipe or to show friends something, or even working with online documents really, really sucks. It’s OK at 128kbps but most of the stations I listen to regularly are 320kbps which is enough to take the edge off. Plus, there isn’t a mute button on the player so if you can’t lay hands on the remote and you’re trying to hear someone in another room it makes sense that you can just use the player buttons. It’s totally logical that internet radio behaves like any other digital medium, and you’d sure miss the ability to stop and start that if there wasn’t functionality, after all players besides Uniti have been able to do it for ever.

1 Like

Bummer!

This is a nice excuse for a mid-week blow out! Y’know, just to test that it works :wink:

2 Likes

Has this altered the sq again. Last one gave me a huge bass bump

I don’t think it has however I wasn’t directly comparing with previous as I’d reverted to an older one which I liked. That probably doesn’t help but the firmware before yesterday’s was the best in a while sonically for me (almost on a par with a very old one).