Uniti software update is here!

This is exactly my point its pushed it too far in my system now and I can’t get any balance without DSP.

Today my Atom’s sound quality changed again. Bass decreased considerably. I’ve tried to restart it several times, with no success unfortunately.

I’m seriously beginning to think, that Naim controls our units remotely, changing audio quality, depending on our opinions here. Or maybe they are just experimenting and searching for the optimal sound quality to all of us. Or maybe they are changing quality for every one of us independently, using our IP addresses from this forum. It could sound like conspiracy theory, but…

Yesterday we talked about increased bass and today bass decreased. Coincidence?

Today I looked at active connections in my Router log file. Uniti Atom always establishes several connections when turned on. Usually they are 4 TCP connections and 6 UDP connections. Several of them:

172.217.16.35:443
216.58.215.78:443
64.233.164.188:5228

What are these connections? Can anybody explain?

I just believe they are very unstable units and change when the mood fits. I would imagine Tidal and Google and what ever other internet service you may be using.

i feel the nd555 is the same. A lot have reported on its instability, even after several months use.
This new uniti platform seems to be a problem for now.

They are all Google Chromecast phoning home.

Thanks.

It’s awfully quiet from Naim, I’d appreciate if they at least owned up to this issue (non-functional remote and the screen not turning on at times), but I’ve only gotten vague answers from their support.

My original ticket with them from May 27th, got a reply asking me if I’ve changed batteries in the remote, and to give them the S/N of my Atom, answered them - and all the reply I got was that they has a few similar reports, and that they are working on it. Since then - silence…

This is my first Naim product, most likely will be my last - if this is the extent of their support. I’m currently in the process of figuring out if I can return the unit.

Its the Naim way. They only say something when its ready to launch.

Great! Powered off the Atom this evening as it started to sound a bit meh! Powered back and now remote does nothing . It’s paired but seems to do nothing. Thought I had avaided some ot these update gremlins, obviously it’s unavoidable.

Nearly six weeks with a malfunctioning unit now. Still waiting for a fix. Several reboots neccesary this weekend. I work in the ATC industry, and 6 weeks for a fix (while the current SW operational but buggy) is another universe for me. Unbelievable …

Not brilliant is it. That’s why I went back to 2.61.
Who knows when we will hear anything, but the silence is deafening.

I was not having any issues, yet. Since this morning the display stays black. I suspect that it was caused yesterday when turning of my Atom as Roon was playing. So not stopping Roon first. But this is just a hunch…

Hi, does anyone own a NAD M10? I just wonder as NAD’s device appears to be more complex in terms of software they should have tons of problems with it? Or Cyrrus Lyrics? Or Musical Fidelity Encore? just try to get an idea whether such problems with the software are common among audio manufacturers.

1 Like

I’ve bought one. M10, arriving next week. I’m done with my Atom, and Naim. I’ll say goodbye to it and sell it. This buggy firmware story and how they handle it. 6 weeks with malfunctioning unit. Unacceptable.

I’ll be interested to hear you thoughts when it arrives.

Well that’s unfortunate. Sounds like Naim has shot itself in the foot as far as you’re concerned. Fiasco’s like this do their reputation no good at all.
I will admit, I’m a little more than frustrated with the delays, but, as explained previously, I preferred to downgrade rather than have all the issues.
It was somewhat interesting (in a weird sort of way) to try to find a fix or workaround, unsuccessfully it seems. But who knows, we may have been on the right track but that’s something we are unlikely to find out.
All the best with your Nad Ron. :+1:

Please do not press. Is the same as with the guy that request Airplay2 soon. Naim said that they need time, and 3 days later the, new FW release was there. Also there was the discussion here.

Most of clients don’t have any problems. I use conventional network hardware and deactivated all analog and digital inputs, Spotify, USB … If you need all the services like Roon … the problem seems to be the number of services running on the streamer section. This might be out of control. Other problem is that clients using unusal and old network HW and do not want to change something, instead waiting and waiting and crying all the time for updating the firmware.

1 Like

I have all my inputs active and don’t have the issues. This has absolutely nothing to do with, if it did then there is something majorly wrong with the design as no device should perform inadequately with features it has nor should they be detrimental to anything else if not used but left active. I also decatived them once and noticed no difference in performance or reliability.

Even so this problem was not around before the update and has effected substantial amount of people. So this is not about their hardware its about the changes in Naim’s software that’s caused an issue that did not happen before. Whether its network related or not they need to sort it out as its a major bug and the sooner the better and going forward have more stringent testing in the wild.

Sorry, but you are wrong @Pomito in many ways. I think there are a lot of people that have problems with their new Unitis and the new firmware. I know 3 other people in my surroundings, excluding me, that have the same problems with their Unitis (Atom, Star and Nova). And none of them is reporting here in this forum. Nevertheless also from reading here in this forum, I have the impression there are more than enough people complaining about problems with the new firmware.

Let’s take me as an example to your other point. I have a brand new network hardware (FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable), all inputs are deactivated except one optical, one analogue and the webradio input. There were no problems with the same configuration and the old firmware, but now there are. So you are wrong again here.

Furthermore you have to show more understanding for the people that own a new Uniti much longer than you do. They had to wait 2 years for the Airplay 2 update since the official naim announcement and now, after so much time, they got an faulty firmware. I don’t want to discuss this Airplay 2 update dilemma again here. Now it’s out and referring to this feature almost everybody, including me, is very happy now!

I’m excited to know what the bug in the firmware was and when Naim will fix it. Let’s hope they found it out already.

Chiming in to say that up until today I have not had issues but now my screen is fixed on the home screen when I turn my nova on. I can still play music as I use roon as a control but the screen is frozen.