Uniti software update is here!

Thanks for the confirmation Richard

I was hoping for that too

Let’s hope so.

Could you kindly tell me if I’d be able to revert to 2.3.8574 if I wanted to using the firmware file and web interface?

(Again, I wish would provide downloads of older firmware versions for the curious! We’d simply have to accept possible loss of certain app functionality with legacy firmware.)

I’ve been using 2.6.1.9794 from 7 June 2018 a bit recently - sounds better of late for some reason, though still prefer the older one.

Typically I’ve just swapped my Epos ES14s for my SBLs from storage today, so any considerations of figuring out if the new firmware is better than 2.6.1.9794 sonically are out of the window for a few days!

Hello Richard
On several websites it says its also available for nd5 xs2?
Many Thanks,
Giacomo

Is It not already on ND5 XS 2? according to mine it is and already was.

It say this sounds better than the last firmware. A bit more depth has returned and so far less harsh. I had been finding my Atom a bit off for a while and I like you preferred the older firmware as it had more body. Currently this feels to have more of the old magic back.

2 Likes

Guess I’ll be giving it a shot - probably current firmware or 2.3.8574 for me as I just reverted to that so yesterday’s firmware will be unavailable unless Naim allow it to be downloaded.

Think I’ll just give the new one a whirl…

At last they have figured out how to turn the display off :slight_smile:

1 Like

First impressions on my Nova is that there’s a bit more detail / emphasis at the top end but bass is down on what it was previously. Don’t want to kick off the madness of the last upgrade but does anyone else notice a sq difference?

Am I the only one having the wrong time on the display ?
I checked the time zone. It’s correct.
Right now, it shows 4:15 instead of 10:15 (btw, would be nice to get 24h display)

too bad the alarm option is still not available. (I had it on my Superuniti)

I hope no difference but won’t get a chance till Friday to listen proper

I do but more in the bottom/mid not high end. It does seem to be more balanced than the last on more on par with the one before. I am a lot happier with this and it’s brought back it’s magic and is less bright and brittle.

Mines out as well. If you go the app and set it to the timezone again it fixes it.

Yes. Now it is 1.0.54.0, and on 2.6.1 update it was 1.0.28.0

Not satisfied my star lost its glow much worse since the last update, very boring without emotion, more bass and just that.

Have you factory reset? Always best to after an update. Mine sounds so much better than before after this update.

It’s definetly not worse …
The SQ is better or the same.
I think a factory reset is not requiered. I disconnected the power cable to reboot the Nova.

On first listenning, sound quality seems to be ok on my nova. I need to make deeper listening session with this new firmware.

Again, to compare Naim should met thé user thé possibility to test and to downgrade firmware. Owners are the first impactés with sound quality, this is the prority for me.

It should be also à good opportunity for Naim to have feedback on sound quality and to go the rigtht way earing There customers