Uniti software update is here!

WARNING Fault code 238.
Atom got stuck during update. After several hours still showing “updating” I had to pull the plug.
Restarted it and Atom updated in 5 min. Playing music for just 10 minutes I now have:
WARNING Fault code 238.

Thanks for the advice, I will do reset.

Disconnecting the power cord is not a good solution I think it’s better to hold the button on / off around 4seconds

Pressing the off button for four seconds doesn’t do the same as pulling the power. It puts it into deep sleep providing the various software modules are working right. If you are trying to fix uncertain behaviour then that may be an unsafe assumption.

But if you pull the power, wait a few seconds and then plug it in again, you are sure you are doing a proper full reset.

Best
David

You could try unplugging again? If you get the fault code again, give Naim a call or email them…does it still play music even with the code displayed?

The obvious thing to try is a full power off restart. Failing that then next try a factory reset. And Naim support must know what the fault code means. So ask them.
Best
David

1 Like

Sorry if this sounds like a simple question, but for some reason my app does not prompt me that there is a firmware update available for my Atom. Does this mean I have to download it manually - and if so, does anyone know where I get the update from?

Might not be available in your region yet. It did not show up for me last night until I forced the app to check then after this it prompted me there was one.

Thanks - weirdly this happened with the last update - even when I prompt the app to check it just says things are up to date. I live in the UK.

Did you try stopping (swiping upwards) the app and restarting it? Also try restarting your Atom.

Best
David

Well done Naim - gapless works with Audirvana on my Nova!

I’ve been hoping for over 18 months that we’d eventually get gapless to work with 3rd party apps like Audirvana to the new Uniti series, and finally it’s here - I remain a bit surprised that such important functionality wasn’t available on release as the older streamers had this.

During fault code it didn’t do anything. Pulled the plug again. This time a loud pop in the right channel.
Powered it up again. Booted fine and hopefully I will get more than a few minutes of music or I have to give Naim a call.

1 Like

Also, well done in implementing the display off feature!

OK I’ve looked through the App and nowhere does it says display off option , Where is it please?

On iOS at least:

Settings > Other Settings > Display

Thanks in same place in Android as well

No more issues so far. New update finally working as expected.:grinning:

I can’t believe how different this version sounds. It’s like a new machine and how I remember it when I first got it. I am sure that something must have gone awry with my unit as I was getting fatigue listening, I was putting it down to my speakers and room but no it seems it was the Atom. Normal service is resumed.

Well that’s the issue that bothers me - it sounds different. Seems like at every firmware upgrade you get a new hifi and it may not be the one you auditioned prior to purchase. My Nova has changed quite substantially, it’s good in some ways but bass response is definitely rolled off or altered in some way. Lots more detail and precision in the mids and highs. Seems like a good amp and CD player is the only way to ensure consistency over time.

I agree it’s not ideal and tbh I have not had this with any other product. This one feels like it’s returned to the sound I bought into though.

1 Like