Uniti software update is here!

Ditto for the screen and sleep issues. Let’s hope Naim thinks its worth looking at these posts to do something about what is clearly a defective Firmware upgrade. I am new to the Forum but am somewhat mystified how little input Naim has here.

If you look on this thread and on others, Naim have already said that they acknowledge some are having issues with this and they are working on a fix.

1 Like

Yes, but it is really a bare minimum. It is the easied way of communicating directly with your clients. Many suppliers act interactively. Naim has chosen not to and hide and reply (I asked the question directly) that it is not an official communication channel for them. Chance missed. Only a sentence like “we are working hard on a fix” would comfort many …

Ron, Naim certainly aren’t hiding - they provide this forum where you can voice your opinion very publicly. And Naim do use the forum to make general communications to customers, particularly where there are issues that may affect a number of end users. However, I’m not sure I agree with you that it’s the easiest way of communicating with individuals from a support point of view. There are better and more effective ways that Naim provide - either directly via phone, or email, as this is most appropriate in dealing with a customers specific issue, and let’s not forget that always the first line of support is that provided by your supplying Naim dealer. Also note that there is the beta forum which is very much all about engaging interactively with end users in evaluating and trying to hone new features and software releases.

As for the public forum, it’s kept strictly informal and is a place for Naim owners, Naim fans, dealers, distributors, ex and current Naim staff to come to discuss their passion for Naim and for music in general. Obviously there’s a broad range of experience and talent, so it’s a great place to discuss optimising system performance, looking at upgrades, and even troubleshooting issues. But for it to be most credible and to work best it’s important for the public forum to be its own entity, to have a degree of independence, at a bit of an arms length from the day to day of Naim itself.

8 Likes

My Nova setup has been solid and no issues finding devices or the auto screen off.

3 Likes

I thought mine was solid until recently. I run two Novas, one has the latest update the other remains on the older software. The updated one has started to act up, issues with screen, volume wheel illumination etc, the other Nova is performing perfectly.
I have no doubt Naim will come up with a fix shortly guess we just have to be a wee bit patient.

I contacted Naim this week about the firmware issues. This is the reply I got. They are working on it, hopefully releasing a fixed firmware soon.

"Hi, thank you for your e-mail. We have identified a small number of issues with the latest 3.2 software update.

​Currently we are testing a new software release which will fix this issue. We hope to have this available in the near future."

Dear all,
I wondered if anyone here heard anything recently (in the last 2 weeks for example) about the patch to fix the issue where the hardware becomes unresponsive to input commands via both the remote handset and the Naim app?

I have been in contact with Naim a few times since the last update.

They stated the following on July 19th:
“The symptoms you have described are caused by the most recent firmware upgrade. Our software team are working on a patch release for these issues, but we believe this may be a couple of weeks before this is set to release.”

They advised me to either downgrade, join the beta (!) or just wait for the fix.

The problems I am having are very frustrating to say the least, and I am starting to regret my (not insignificant) purchase.

Regards,
roseve808

have you tried to reboot all and install the app again ? router then nas then streamer then app.

I requested a downgrade software last week but I had no response. I think NAIM is closed during August holidays so I may have to wait until September. I am experiencing these problems too and it was 2 months ago when the problem was reported. Not much we can do except to learn the lesson and wait hoping for the best.

I have completed the reset procedure, it was the first thing they told me to do. It made no difference.

I would like to roll back the version but it sounds like we have to wait for that too.

I also have been experiencing varying bass levels and different sound on my Atom. One Day I need the foam bungs in and then need to remove them. Have done a factory reset to no avail.

Well, my nova & core are still in their boxes, unused. So what, in your view, would the “lesson” be?

This is interesting, i didn’t suspect this was something that could be related to software/firmware. I got my Uniti Nova about a month ago and on one or two occassions thought that my mind was playing tricks on me since it felt that the bass response had suddenly increased. First time that i’ve contemplated getting foam plugs for my speakers too since i’ve had them… It strangely went away later which made me forget about it, but now that i’m reading this thread… Not sure what to make of it, it could still be all in my head i guess…

Yeah, I thought the same initially that my mind was playing tricks. I never believed that a software update could have an impact on the sound.

Last one really boosted bass for me overall to.

Hi all, is there any news about a new Uniti software update that should fix the issues introduced with the May update?

3 Likes

There’s a software release that’s currently in Beta testing. Last we heard was that the testing was progressing well, so hopefully a release will not be far off.

3 Likes

It’s now here!

2 Likes

Updated! Lets see how it goes. :+1: