Uniti software update is here!

Yeah i would prefer not to use them will look into Roon, never thought about that.

What about my freezeng problem with new update?

Engine, if nobody else has any ideas here you might want to get in touch with Naim technical support.

We’ll just done the update bass remains the same as you said and REW confirms this. Not much much between them that’s worth harking on about.

This update was just to fix some bugs which I never experienced so not a lot to talk about. Hoping for Qobuz update soon.

Intersting (on a Nova) as I’d long used older firmware as I felt more recent versions were bass light and lacked substance/PRAT.

The version prior to the new release was the first firmware in ages I’d left on the Nova consistently, and the newest one seems as good as the last/previous older favourite sonically. I really don’t care about anything other than the sound so if that works anything else is a bonus.

The frightening thing here is that a year or more ago I demoed an NDX 2 at home vs the Nova and the NDX 2 was much better - currently I can’t percieve ANY significant difference with both in the system as sources - NDX 2 may be marginally smoother with complex orchestral/choral material but there’s not much in it at all.

Thats not stopped the SQ changing before though. I have noticed it an all updates except this one. Maybe they are getting their act together.

Credit where it’s due, I have been critical in the past, Naim have done a good job with this update.

2 Likes

Don’t speak to soon. Just playing some thing via Roon I adjusted volume down and then the atom proceeded to then step up the volume to 100% its just woke the entire house and likely my neighbours. Not happy!!! I had to unplug it as could not find the remote to mute it.

1 Like

Perhaps you were sitting on it?! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Ouch! Speakers ok?

Oh no I recall nearly a year ago I had the same issue at 7AM the whole house was :smiling_imp:

Speakers ok they can handle a lot more than the Atom punches out thankfully. No repeats since power cycle so maybe it’s a result of the update and not fill cycling power.

Nope I found was hidden behind cushion on the other couch.

1 Like

Ouch…That’s very bad. Can you explain more about how this happened? As I understood you’ve adjusted the volume on Roon software using slider in the lower right corner and Atom suddenly (for unknown reason) raised the volume to 100 percent? Did this happen just once?

Happend once while playing, I turnded of the unit at the mains. Turned it back on adjusted the volume one click but was not playing anything and it did the same. I was using the pc app so whether this triggered it, maybe a trackpad malfunction I dont know. It worked ok from the phone and tablet. I use the PC remote a lot and this has never happened before. It might be a one off I need to try it again today without it playing anything,

The update has actually fixed my SQ. I was very happy with the SQ of the last update but over the last 6 weeks or so the higher frequencies became thin and harsh; particularly apparent with orchestral violins or sopranos in a choir. It had reached the point where I really did not enjoy listening to the Nova at all and the only thing stopping me from talking to my dealer and/or Naim was the hope that the touted update would solve matters. I was not particularly hopeful but am delighted to say I was wrong.

This update has fixed that. All I need from Naim now is for them to fix my tinnitus. :slight_smile:

I have found that to happen to the Atom to.

No problems with my Roon. I use Roon on Windows 10 PC. I checked all possible scenarios with volume control bar. Seems everything is ok.

Funny, my wife noticed this also last night during an extended listening session with her parents - 50s and 60s R&B that they have heard a million times. Her father remarked on how good the speakers sounded, and he’s been at our house a lot, first time he’s really commented. So, the SQ for us seems to have improved. We have a nova, NACA5 to powered speakers (Goldenear Triton 2s) which are decent and have good resolution. I also have power conditioning on everything for what its worth. I am also very happy for the stop stream functionality coming back, my biggest issue with the Nova upgrade from SuperUniti :smile:

2 Likes