Uniti2 CD skips

My Uniti2 (pre-loved) has an occasional skip for 1 to 2 seconds on random tracks when playing a CD. I’ve cleaned the tray with a cotton bud, but no success. Does anyone have a workaround? I have tried new CDs, so I don’t think the CDs are the issue.

The old Philips Mech players used to have a special soak mode that you could use to check the mech. I’m not sure of it exists on the later non-Philips mech players. Either way, it sounds like it may need to be looked at.

1 Like

The newer mechs also have a soak mode - on Uniti2, load a disc, switch the unit on while pressing the front panel play button, keep the button pressed until the unit has booted past the splash screen.
It should now display F0 R0 (F counts focus errors & R radial errors), the screen will also invert repeatedly to prevent screen burn.
To exit soak mode - power cycle the unit.

Regards
Neil.

Thanks @NeilS, what is the soak test? A diagnosis or repair? I’ll give it a go anyway and see what happens.

Hi Mike,

It’s purely for diagnostic purposes, it plays the disc on repeat indefinitely and logs any errors on the display.

If you get errors, try using a selection of discs, further errors would suggest a hardware fault requiring a repair.

Regards
Neil.

1 Like

Thanks Neil, good to know it remains a feature on the later mechs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.