Unitiserve 2tb Flac transcode option “greyed out”

Any idea why the desktop client software (Windows) appears to “grey out” the transcode to wav/flac option for albums in the “Downloads” section (I believe it’s called?)

It appears to be albums shown with the “hand over the top of a cd” icon that are effected.
I hope that’s a sufficient description of the icon!?

I was attempting to transcode everything on my Unitiserve 2tb, ready for moving to a new device, but seem to be only able to do this for the main library.

Any help will be much appreciated!

If I remember correctly, that’s just how it is. You cannot change files in the downloads folder. I think you can move it back to your PC and edit it there. You may find one of the intelligent ripping packages such as DBpoweramp will enable transcoding.

1 Like

Ok, I’ll look into that method.
I have seen mention of dbPoweramp.

I just wondered if there was something I was missing, or misunderstanding, in order to use the simple, built in automated method.

Thank you for your reply!

Clive is correct, the Naim ripper/servers can only edit their own CD rips. Other files, in the Downloads folder, can be accessed via a computer and edited or converted using whatever software you like.

Thank you.

I’ve got it all onto a pc now and will try a few programs I’ve seen mentioned in these forums, such as dbPoweramp.

Remember not to attempt to edit any Unitiserve CD rips using a non-Naim interface, as this can cause problems with the database. Use the DBPA metadata editor for other files (i.e. anything in the Downloads folder) and you should be sorted.

1 Like