Unitiserve - Connectivity Issues

I have a 500 system but still have a Unitiserve (US) which I bought 15 years ago. For the past few years I have only used the US to play an occasional CD as I have a ripped library , a lot of Vinyl and I subscribe to Roon, Tidal & Spotify.
However, for various reasons I now have a fair amount of CD’s I would like to Rip but when I try to use the US to do that I encounter two problems :
• The US will be online then go off line – I have no other network issues
• Rips will stall or be incomplete even though the US is showing as on-line
I am on the latest software 1.7 . I have enabled SMB1 for the DTC. The lights are flashing on the Network socket on the US. I have not set up a fixed IP address but when it does connect the US is on the same IP address, and I am at a loss!
I realise its a shot in the dark but if anyone has any thoughts/insights id love to hear them . Thanks in advance.

The latest firmware is 1.7c. The c is important.

Normally I would see an incomplete rip as either a problem with the number of errors the rip is accumulating due to a mechanical issue with the CD drive or that the US is unable to save a complete rip because the hard disc is full. When it goes off line, is that just when you are ripping? Can you play back existing rips reliably?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.