Unitiserve not connecting

Are these folders you created on your Mac that you have given the same name as the Unitiserve folders?

Go to the web page of unitiserve (your IP ADDRESS) and look good. Perhaps you also need to enable its entry into the router

These are standard iOS files on all MACS, not created by me. Needed for the operating system to work

OK, so nothing to do with the Unitiserve folders which coincidentally have the same name - just checking!
Andrea’s suggestion to check the Unitiserve folders via the browser interface might be worth a look, just to check that the right folders are enabled, although I suspect they are if everything works.

Hi Ianpeach,

Can you check if the Downloads share appears in the Unitiserve GUI or Desktop Client application please?

Regards
Neil.

Edit: you could also try directly accessing the Unitiserve folders by typing \\nssrvb957\music or \\nssrvb957\downloads into whatever the iMac’s equivalent to Windows Explorer’s address bar is. *

*Sorry - not a Mac user!

There isn’t an ‘ethernet card’ in the Unitiserve, ethernet is integrated into the motherboard.

If this has been changed out, it may have a different MAC address that what it had previously.

the last 4 characters of the MAC address make up the serve’s network name, so it may no longer be called ‘nssrvb957’.

Nserve should indicate what its network name is on the home screen, usually it identifies the IP address too.

You can try either the network name or the IP address with the network path solution in the comments above.

Ethernet card / Wifi has already been dealt with( my incorrect use of terminology), and the nssrvb957 is the current one showing, not its original, but thanks.

A bit late on the thread. Perhaps I can offer some assistance…

Can you run a scan of your complete network, using Net Analyzer (Pro version, not a free one) and post what services are visible next to your UnitiServe?

Next thing to check:
Log on to your UnitiServe using Safari (type in its IP address).
Check that the downloads is enabled as a STORE?

On your iMac, can you see your UnitiServe on your desktop (provided you’ve enabled view servers in Finder prefrences)? Each of the folders (RIPS, DOWNLOADS) should appear as a separate ‘server’ if I remember correctly.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.