Unitiserve

A repair at Naim would cost around £500, maybe more (they have a fixed price policy). I rather doubt it would be worth that much, even fully working. It might be time to call it a day.

I wonder if it’s a network issue. Have you tried unplugging the Ethernet cable from the UnitiServe at both the server and switch? And maybe try another port on your switch just in case.

Well that’s looking very close to the top of the list! I currently use Quobuz HiRes. But I have a huge list on my server and I don’t feel like making a list of CDs from the hard copies.

Do you have backup of the US files on a NAS? If they are in flac you can load a upnp server on the NAS and use that, so long as it’s a suitable NAS.

This was exactly what I concluded after my 2012 US started flashing after a power cut. I simply could not be bothered to faff about seeing if it was a battery issue or a cooked hard drive - either way it would be cost and hassle and the value of the US would likely not exceed the repair cost. So I bought a Core to replace it and it’s absolutely superb so far; completely different user experience.

Now that’s interesting

Sadly no

If you try turning the US off and then on again it should pick up an IP address and reappear. It may be wise, while it’s off, to turn off your router, then let it fully reboot, before turning the US back on.

I’ve done all the usual thanks, I feel the next place for the US is the bin!!

The cases have some value as they with some mods can be a standard pc case, you might get fifty for it

You’ll get a few quid for the case if you sell it as not working.

Thanks chaps, I think I’ll butcher it and see what’s in the box ! Then market it :sunglasses::call_me_hand:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.