Unity Atom and Focal ARIA 906

@obsydian I think I’m in the same cycle as you but a very accelerated one. I couple of months ago I sold my non-Naim separates and went the way of simplicity with the MuSo 2. For what it is I love it; sounds and looks great. I did it mainly to keep the misses happy with the new living room decor. Well, I’ve already got my eye on the Uniti Atom and Dynaudio Emit 20s. I’ll need to secure one of the seldom used guest rooms. I’m working on it! I’m I hopelessly addicted to my hi-fi habit? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Just remember to enjoy it :sunglasses: and have fun

Yeah I know exactly what you mean… You will love the Atom , it does sound great and is fun to use.

They’re definitely on my short list… :+1:

How big is your room?

My room is 16 sq.m and I tried Aria and Chorus at my home and I liked Chorus better but that was with the Nait 5si. Still I believe that something was wrong with Aria that I had in my home so I will try them again soon.

My room is also approximately 16 m2 How much is deep? Do you think 706 would be over kill for the size of my room.

B&W 706 S2 was a good match with my naim but I didn’t expect that from everything that I have read before. It has a strong bass do that could possibly be a problem, much more than Focal so listening at home would be wise. I went the other way since the Focal suit me better. 906 should be excellent match to your atom and they do not require to be far away from the back walls since they have front fireing bass reflex port. The obly standomounters I eould consider would be 2-way like tannoy xt 6f or kudos x2/x3 or neat sx2 for the size of the room. Depends on the taste.

Thank you so much Strah for such interesting and informative advice and everyone else who have provided their insight.

Most appreciated I will let you know the outcome…

1 Like

There is Ed Selly’s review of Aria 906 - search over google. It has confirmed my suypect that Focal needs to be wider postioned that usual - he says at least 2m apart an at least 10cm from the rear wall. I tried that recently and leave it like that with small just a small adjustments.

Yeah just read that review, Ed also has a Naim setup. How is the base on the 906?

Thanks for your insight
Peter

When put close to the wall 10-20cm excellent - at least in my room. Better than in any other setup I have experinced.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.