Unwanted Random Shuffle & Continuous Play

Definitely not my clumsy fingers on the iPad Pro. I’m sure this is a glitch somewhere.

G

Worth being clear - which OS app on what control point(s)?

For the record I quite regularly use shuffle on iPad and occasionally iPhone; never had a problem despite arthritic fingers.
I do though completely close the app fairly regularly, as well as shutting down the control point a couple or so times a week, to clear everything.

1 Like

IPad Pro. I never use shuffle or repeat play as I’m a plain vanilla ‘Whole album’ man.

Thanks,

Graeme

Shuffle gets me too sometimes. I hate the option and wish to have it removed.

1 Like

It has definitely got worse very recently.

G

I use shuffle on Apple music - which is in a different position to Naim app; not directly relevant.

What I do notice though, is that the iPhone 6.1 inch Naim app screen has the shuffle / c’play button very slightly lower / better spaced than iPad Pro 12.9 - yet the iPad screen is at least four times larger.
The play queue on phone has five tracks - the ipad ten.
Perhaps a proposal to have the screen given more space, less tracks, to better space the bottom three lines of control (six functions) on iPad? That may solve inadvertent involvement.

1 Like

I’ve been very conscious of only touching ‘Play’, nothing else. And, lo, tracks play at random, or an album restarts after finishing.

Most odd.

G

Just an odd thought or two, since I don’t have an issue, but can imagine it’s annoying.

Do you regularly clean screen? Use a screen protector (only iPhone here)? Regularly clean screen with a screen spray?

The other things might be worth a try Graeme, is delete the app, close completely iPad and restart and reinstall.

1 Like

Nice clean screen and a regular shut down here, all to no avail. Thanks for the tips though!

G

1 Like

Do you mean in Qobuz Graeme or is it affecting local files too?

1 Like

Both, I now notice.

G

Any connection with latest iOS release - not any easy one to track, if you are on auto update?
You likely know this, but until anyone else has an issue, you may find…i’ll maybe need a flak jacket here; doing a factory restart may be a necessary action, even just to rule out that your iPad (mine is 3 gen on 17.4.1) isn’t misbehaving. A real bind, so only you know which aggro you can put up with.
Unable to be more helpful, but I will try a few different things in the next day or so.

1 Like

Random shuffle is a regular pain point for me as well. It seems like a default option and is set every time I used it.

A simple fix which comes to my mind is naim dev team should change the colour to green or red when the option gets selected , if other design changes are not easy for them to make.

2 Likes

Graeme, does anyone else use the device? I was flummoxed by random shuffling for a while, until I found out that my daughter was using my Muso Qb occasionally and kept using shuffle as it was her preferred option :blush:

1 Like

Hi - Thanks for the thought, but it’s only myself who uses the hifi.

G

1 Like

Thanks, I may resort to a factory reset.

G