Upgrade advice 52 or 552 or Radikal 1 Urika upgrade to Lp12

A bit spendy without a lotto win though :flushed:

1 Like

It will be more comparable with the ND555. Then thereā€™s the power supply upgrade. So about Ā£16500.

Worth a listen.

Maybe a RP8 in the meantime to get closer to ND555.

And then later down the line the Naia :thinking:

2 Likes

I was not happy with the Karousel either,now back with Pre Cirkus,the LP12 is musical , groovy and fun again.
Leave the NDS way behind.

2 Likes

:flushed:

2 Likes

When I got my NDS + 555PSDR I sold my LP12 because vinyl was mostly emotional for me. Sound quality wise my analogue setup wasnā€™t even close to Audirvana + Qobuz to NDS. I would understand in comparison to native Spotify or Tidal which sound bit dead but Qobuz via Audirvana is a huge upgrade. Now with Super Lumina in place I donā€™t even think about vinyl anymore. I know I would have to spend huge money to get even close in performance. And even then I would still hear ticks and pops. Itā€™s just to much hassle and money to get to a pretty decent level. Emotionally though I totally get it. Itā€™s cozy and you connect with records and all such. I still have all my old jazz records left if I one day change my mind but today Iā€™m not looking back.

2 Likes

I donĀ“t agree, an LP12 with Pre Cirkus and a decent arm like Ittok or Ekos,Lingo 1 easily outperform
an NDS with local streaming( which is better than Qobuz),and the LP12 is half the price of the NDS.

1 Like

Agree to disagree :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Try it first :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The one I had had these specs. Had a Lejonklou Slipsik 7.1. Iā€™ve also had Rega P8 and Vertere DG-1 but still prefer digital on this level so I think I need to get even higher to believe itā€™s worth it. Part of it is also that I just donā€™t cope all the updates, keeping records clean and purchase records. Maybe I just became lazy :grin: I love putting Jazz groove mix on beginning of the day and just enjoy awesome sounding jazz all day without flipping a record and hear annoying ticks :wink:

Majik PSU
Adikt PU
Cirkus
Majik Jelco arm

1 Like

Yes I much prefer the Pre Cirkus,I prefer the Karousel to Cirkus.

2 Likes

I donĀ“t fancy the hassle either, but when the musical joy with an good LP12 is so much higher ,for me itā€™s worth it.

You should try the Goldnote Mediterraneo. Gives the NDS a run for its money. :blush:

1 Like

Itā€™s the one you have? Iā€™d go ND555 if going anywhere. But Iā€™ve taken Christmas holiday from purchasing now. Exhausted :smile:

2 Likes

I think youā€™ve hit the nail firmly on the head in my situation. What I need to do is stop buying new vinyl, enjoy the ones I have on the modified Rega Planar 3 and enjoy the fact that I have a top streaming set up and keep on enjoying it.

1 Like

Yep probably one way or the other Mike otherwise youā€™ll be selling your house :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

What is this?

A radio station?

Is Audirvana a huge upgrade to raw Qobuz live web streaming via the Naim app?

He has a NDS, so that is his work-around for hi-res on-line streaming.

1 Like

Ah, yes - I forgot.

So it would not improve on my ND5XS2?

1 Like

Yes, streaming in FLAC. I pay monthly and get 5 channels lossless without commercial. Recommended. They have a free 128kbps version too if one want to evaluate it. Mix 1 and 2 is my favourites.

1 Like