Upgrade cables or not?

Got one for audition , ordered within two minutes of fitting it to my Nova.

The Nova is a good bit of kit, the Powerline makes it a very good bit of kit

2 Likes

hmmmmmm… The Grahams hydra I was told features Powerline lite cables. Maybe Grahams also has another with standard Naim mains leads? Just curious. I used the latter in a self made hydra, straight to a 15A switchless air con plug when I had my olives, but have never tried the Grahams. The German Naim distributor - was it Musicline - has a hydra made of actual Powerline cables. That’s certainly quite welcome in any Naim system. Cheers

The Powerline Lite is the current standard mains lead supplied with all units. The only difference between it and the previous version is the mains plug: the cable and IEC plug are the same.

1 Like

Thank you Chris… my bad for not being clear or up to date about this. Apologies, Nigel for this.

No need to apologise, other than for daring to use the appalling term ‘my bad’!!

2 Likes

The point is that the 2m cable is the FIRST 2m of cable that the equipment ‘sees’, not the last 2m.

1 Like

Apparently, and it was reported somewhere else on the Forum, that Naim had tested the Powerlines lead length and settled on the 2m lengths as sounding the best. :thinking:

Isn’t it 1.8m?

Meanwhile, for those of us unaware …

https://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/naim2/powerline.html

Yes, that’s right. 2m was the preferred length.

1 Like

Only in uk, important to precise

1 Like

Atlas EOS 4 DD from the wall socket to my power block made a huge difference in SQ. Really nicely made too.

Indeed. In fact it would be more precise to say that the standard cable provided is a regular “jug lead” though those in the UK will receive the Powerline Lite.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.