Upgrade itch 272 / 555PS DR / 300 DR, SL

Thanks, that looks good too. it’s called Custom Design Milan 6

1 Like

The Simrack seems to be better isolated. Bigger spikes from the floor, the shelves are elevated too.

Simrak shelves are isolated from the levels.

It’s what I meant my sweetie.

1 Like

Are you two in a relationship?

1 Like

Svetly loves me, specially my copies and pastes…

We have a TV on it with Muso, it is fine in that configuration. They are well made, with really nice wood. It does not have as much decoupling ability as the fraim, so i would doubt it wood sound as good, but will not be too bad either.

Quick update - have added the CISCO 2960 switch running directly to the router (previously it was running from a cheap switch running 15 other outlets at various points around the house) and have gained a big improvement on the native 272 TIDAL app, a lot of the ‘thinness’ has gone. @anon4489532

I find that your network setup is important. Using a good switch like the Cisco 2960 and certified Cat 5e or Cat 6 network cables is key. I’ve had issues with no-name Chinese cables in the past so I avoid them.

In my setup I have the option of streaming Tidal via Audirvana on Windows 10, BubbleUpnp server running on a RaspberryPi, or the native Naim Android app. I’m sure that I would not pass a blind test picking which method was actively playing from a Tidal stream. They all sound as good as the stream from my local NAS.

1 Like

Looks like a definite improvement to stacking the boxes as they were. Will give some isolation. Fraim underneath would have worked well though IMO

I had one of these for a while in oak with the clear/green tint glass and visually its pretty stunning, sounded great to these ear too…

I made a small mistake in trying to move a fully loaded 6 shelf unit without dismantling and found that the fittings aren’t robust enough to deal with the lateral forces involved, however all was good in the end and there was no lasting damage

moral of the story is not to be lazy, strip down the system before trying to re-position…

Damn, that is some fine looking audio furniture.

1 Like

Hi. Did you make decision on Milan 6. It’s on my short list. Thanks

Hi, I went for the Simrak as it allowed me to specify the wood I wanted, it arrives this week. Will post pics once assembled, looking forward to hearing the difference a proper rack makes…

3 Likes

Congratulations — but how did you manage that? I thought your wife’s low board was non-negotiable… :wink:

Oh that’s staying, I had to buy some longer Super Lumina’s for the rearrangement and matching the wood helped. The toy room (kids not mine) was redecorated, a fancy handbag for Xmas and a new sofa ordered. Let’s hope it was all worth it :joy:

1 Like

Autsch :scream: —that sounds like the most expensive hifi rack for Naim ever… :rofl:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.