Chord BNC 1m cable
N DAC / XPS-DR
Hi-Line
NAC282 / NAPSC / HiCap 2 (2011 non-DR)
NAP250
NACA5 (4m)
ProAc Tri-Tower

Fraim

My AV set-up is separate but linked re: Pioneer BDP-LX52 optical to N DAC (for concerts)

I’ve been very happy with this set-up and thought that it would see me through … but: I’ve subscribed to two on-line music services: Berliner Philharmoniker’s Digital Concert Hall and Medici.tv which resulted in me buying a Chromecast Ultra widget to plug into the Pioneer VSX-LX52 AV amp, accessed via iPhone, etc…

They’re great (though the widget sometimes needs a re-boot!) but the Pioneer AV amp doesn’t provide the SQ I’m used to (albeit I do get surround sound).

So I’m thinking now of upgrading the NDX … replacing it with a NDX2

This would mean “losing” the N DAC but I would use the XPS-DR to power the NDX2

If I go for the NDX2 I would probably consider having the HiCap 2 serviced … DR upgrade (if this is still possible).

So, questions:

• Should I expect a SQ gain from an NDX2 (powered by the XPS-DR) re: my streamed music library, compared with the existing set-up?
  • Will I be able to listen via the NDX2~Naim set-up whilst watching the broadcast via my AV system (Pioneer amp muted), or is this asking too much of Chromecast?

Any thoughts?

Many thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.