Upgrade option

Hi,
It’s a good while since I have had the upgrade bug but the time might of come.
Current system Is
Ndx
250 dr
Xps dr
Hi cap dr
Apart from Spotify my my main source of music is my ripped to flac storage.
A home dem will be done but to get an idea would I be better off changing to a ndx 2 or adding a supercap dr to the 282.
It would probably be a good while before I can do another upgrade after this one .
Thanks

That seems like a nice balanced system (although no mention of your speakers). I’m sure the 282 would benefit from a Supercap but a 252 might be better long term investment.

Some good prices on s/h NDS-that would be a lift, especially as your music is stored on a NAS making its streaming limitations less important.

Bruce

Cheers Bruce,
I have a fraim lite that it all sits on.
The speakers are pmc twenty 5 21i’s which work well in my room.

I would go for NDX2 and subscribe to Qobuz instead of Spotify.

1 Like

I would (and did) go NDX2 and add a second HiCap rather than the SC, unless you are thinking 252 for the future. :slightly_smiling_face:

You will only get opinions here, with no guarantee that they will align with your own tastes.
An NDX2 would be a nice option, but not a huge uplift to sound quality for the money.
If you are happy with the 1st gen streaming platform an NDS would be a big upgrade, with the possibility of trading your XPS for a 555PS.
Alternatively add a DAC upgrade to your NDX. Different to the NDS rather than better.
I didn’t particularly like what a Supercap did to a 282, but others like it.

1 Like

Most definitely get off of Spotify for serious listening (full disclosure, I use Spotify for on-the-go music. Playlists, UI/UX, catalogue are great.)