Upgrade yes or not

Thank you for the correction, I would remove it but that would leave a number of posts wondering what the original post was

No problem. My post was simply to try to avoid the possibility of people being put off buying the legacy products. They still work as intended and provide great value on the used market.

1 Like

I have an NDS it works fine with Tidal. And with a bridge you can even roonify. Which of course I’ve done. Sq from NDS with 555 PS DR is really special.

3 Likes

Yes, I bought the UnitiQute for several reasons, one of which was streaming and also for it’s radio and DAC facility.

I remember looking on the Naim website and it gave a list of products the app served, none of which were the UnitiQute

For varying reasons, I have come to actively dislike this bit of kit and as a Naim user of around 30 years this is the first time I can say this,

I may well replace it with a USB capable DAC such as the RME

I rather like my Qute. I’m not sure how anyone could actively dislike it. It seems a good little thing to me.

I guess it just goes to show that we’re all very different and see things in our own unique way; personally, the Unitiqute may well be the most used bit of Naim kit in the entire house. I use the DAC, the radio, stream to it, Airplay to it (via an Apple TV), and also play stuff straight off USB sticks. It’s a really “swiss army knife” bit of kit, and does this while driving a pair of Epos ES14s in a manner that’s really rather impressive considering its modest pretensions. In short, I love it!

Just to update on latest decision and deal concluded. Sold my Sn2…
I decided for a nap 200 (already bought) + 282 ( arriving) + hicap dr + napsc + ndx (when someone will pick up my nd5xs).
In the future if i will need more bang with the bass i will sell my 200 for a 250.
Thanks to all for your experience and advise.
Much appreciated.
Greetings from Italy.

1 Like

I also have 282/hicapdr/200. It is an excellent combination. The 282 will certainly be a big step up from your sn2 as it was for me from a 202. Enjoy your new system!

Andy

I hope you enjoy your new system. It should be a nice upgrade. A 250 should be a good move in the future, as you say. However, I would consider a source upgrade before you buy a 250. An XPS powering your NDX would be an option to consider, or possibly a DAC upgrade.

1 Like

Thanks Andy!
I think 282 can give me the opening soundstage + more detail which i was aiming with poor results in Sn2.
Thanks again
Enjoy your ndx2 too!

1 Like

Nice one, lots to look forward to, except empty pockets!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.