Upgrade

Is worth my buying a hi cap to replace my flat cap?
Only powering a nac92R with phono cards
Going into nap180
Thanks

Personally I think if you can get to a 102 that would be the initial better move

2 Likes

Iā€™m inclined to agree with Gary that a preamp upgrade would be a good move. I would be tempted to go one step further and look for an 82, which is a great partner for a 180, even if you sell the Flatcap to help fund it.
Then consider adding a Hicap later when your finances have recovered.

1 Like

Thanks guys, 82 out of my price range,
102 is affordable, is there any thing from the chrome bumper range that will match,
Thanks

Yes, a NAC32.5 or NAC42.5 would both work very well, either powered directly from your NAP180, or better still via a CB Hicap.

With equipment of this age, condition is very important, so make sure that each item has been serviced within the last 8-10 years.

If not, Naim Service dept can service them for you, though we prefer to ask Darran at Class A servicing in Sheffield, UK to do it as he is Naim authorised, vastly quicker and about half the price. It could even be worth a day trip to the UK for the servicing, as Darran will do all your Naim items in about half a day, so long as you book an appointment in advance.

Best regards, BF

1 Like

Thanks for that,

Get hold of a good 102 have serviced by Class A ensure you get the Napsc to improve performance and then get hold of a CB HiCap again if it needs it a service with Class A and you have a great pre amp set up.

Thanks, just got the CB HIGH CAP,
Boxed and serviced this year (classeA)
looking at getting the 32.5 or 42.5 then into my nap 180

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.