Upgrade

Hi
I have a Superuniti with Powerline and Naim Ovator S400’s fed by a Synology NAS DS212J and am looking to upgrade.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Tony

I can think of lots, but without some idea of your budget, preferred sources etc. it’s hard to know where to start.

You would be better off posting this in HiFi Corner, maybe @Richard.Dane can move it for you?

1 Like

Thanks Chris - yes please move if applicable.

cheers

Tony

1 Like

Topic moved for you.

Tony we have some similarities, I front my system with a Synology 8TB DS716+II 2-Bay NAS and have the Ovator S400’s

NAS > XPS DR > NDX 2 > SuperNait 2 > NAC A5 > NAIM Ovator S-400

So perhaps adding a NDX 2 with a XPS DR along with a SN 3 would be a nice upgrade. I choose to go this route to keep a low box count and sits comfortably on my Quadraspire Q4EVO Bamboo 4 Shelf Rack. Note: I have an empty shelf for a possible upgrade to a HiCap DR for the SN 2. …time & patience, and of course money…

Good luck with your decisions and look forward to hearing about your journey.

1 Like

Upgrade to a Nova.

Thanks for this - another other options based on where you would upgrade this system of yours too?
Tony

1 Like

Tony, other possible options that I could pursue would be:
HiCap DR - $ 2,595.00
HILINE - Reference Signal Interconnect Cable - $ 1,395.00 or
Super Lumina Cable - Interconnect 1.5m - $ 3,295
ULTRA-HBL Deep-Cryo 6 Outlet 120VAC Power Strip - $1,499.00

I did not list Powerlines since I use:
AV Options - TibiaPlus12 Deep-Cryo AC cable (AV Options is a US based company that services Naim Products).

If I were to replace the speakers the three models that I have in mind would be:
ATC SMC40
Harbeth Super HL5 plus
ProAc Response D30 RS

This is a photo of my current set-up:

I am heading into retirement this year and income will be fixed so if there are any final adjustments they will happen in the near future.

I hope the response is what you were looking for and good luck with your upcoming decisions.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.